• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is Dock Mode Opening instead of Car Mode?

Consilia

Dec 26, 2009
Ok, I just got a replacement Droid from Verizon, and in trying to set everything back up, I'm running into one irritant I can't seem to figure out.

Whenever I put the replacement Droid in my car dock, it opens the Dock Mode instead of Car Mode.

Can anyone help me figure out how to change this setting?

(As I remember, previously I used Dock Awake in conjunction with Car Home. But, now, I can't seem to figure it out.)

Thanks for your help.

Since this is a new problem after replacing the phone, it seems unlikely that the problem is with the dock. The first thing I would try would be clearing the defaults for the Multimedia Station app (the app that normally loads in the multimedia/desk/home dock).

At the home screen: Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Menu > Filter > All > Multimedia Station > Clear defaults.

This will prevent the Multimedia Station app from being the default app for anything. If the default app for the Car Dock was the Multimedia Station app, the next time you put the phone in the Car Dock you should be asked which app you want to load, with an option to set the default.

I don't know how it would have gotten set this way in the first place, but obviously something is wrong, and this is an easy fix if it works.

If you have the multimedia/desk/home dock, I would place the phone in that too, to make sure that the defaults are/get set correctly.

If this doesn't help, then either some other app is the default, and that app is loading the Mutlimedia Station app, or there is a hardware problem with either the phone or the dock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones