1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why is email constantly syncing depleting battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ed08, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Ed08

Ed08 Lurker

On my Galaxy S4 email screen the circle indicating syncing is constantly spinning and is what seems to be depleting my battery. I've set email syncing to off or manual but that doesn't help. What else to do?

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Go into your accounts and sync settings and see what else might be syncing. That icon just means that something is syncing, not necessarily your email.

3. Ed08

Ed08 Lurker

I have the same problem with the spinning circle in my email account. Sometimes email updates but sometimes it doesn't update for 8 or more hours at a time. The circle spins and the phone gets very warm and the battery discharges more rapidly than usual. When email won't update it doesn't matter whether I have wifi or data activated.

4. ItzHaunT

ItzHaunT Newbie

Make sure that each individual accounts sync is off.

5. Ed08

Ed08 Lurker

I don't understand. If syncing is off for all accounts how will my email account update?

6. ItzHaunT

ItzHaunT Newbie

It will still update, you just wont receive notifications for new emails. To check for new emails just choose which email you want to check and swipe down on the list of received emails. If you have received new ones they will pop up.

7. Ed08

Ed08 Lurker

I turned sync off for all individual accounts but not "master sync." My gmail account updates but my main email (Yahoo) does not--when I click on the update circle it says "Email sync turned off."

8. ItzHaunT

ItzHaunT Newbie

I thought you were using the gmail app. I guess just leave your Yahoo email turned on. Not sure how the stock email app works, because I have only ever used the gmail app.

9. Ed08

Ed08 Lurker

OK, thanks. Back to ground zero.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews