• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is Fascinate Hush Hush? Cause of VZW, Moto or Samsung?

tats_06

Android Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2009
I am really excited for this phone and would love to know more info about it....like if I get the X, will I still be within 30 days for this one? At this point, I would get anything because this LG Voyager is really killing me here :D

Anyways, what do you guys think? Is Samsung just really tight? Is the product far from ready? Is it VZW that is withholding info due to Moto contract? Or not enough inside Samsung people? Just wondering...

Cause I just can't take it anymore :D

you may make the 30 day window...just get the x on the 21st or 28th to be safe....dont get it on launch.

no. Samsung should be good to go.htc is the one sweating like tony hayward at trial though, but thats only because htc relies on samsungs s-amoled plants. I would preorder just to be safe, due to many carriers dividing initial shipment.
:)

Upvote 0
Simple. if they broadcast it, everyone will cancel their Inc orders and won't order a Droid X. The Fascinate is the leader right now as far as i can tell - of all phones including the iPhone, a.k.a. "I'm better than you cause I got one" Phone.

the leader in gaming and 720p recording and next gen screen, yes. Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.
We dont know anything about call clarity, hardware build, battery life, software interface.

Upvote 0
the leader in gaming and 720p recording and next gen screen, yes. Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.
We dont know anything about call clarity, hardware build, battery life, software interface.

If it turns on, the battery lasts more than 5 hrs, and you can actually see the damn screen outdoors - its got my former Inc beat. Its the leader in my book right now. Samsung makes good phones.

Upvote 0
How is call quality with Samsung? I have never had their products before... Also, you guys mean pre-ordering the Fascinate?

My issue is I am a girl and the X is just too big...plus, I guess I really love the looks and brightness of Fascinate. It totally looks sexy!!! :p

Upvote 0
you may make the 30 day window...just get the x on the 21st or 28th to be safe....dont get it on launch.

no. Samsung should be good to go.htc is the one sweating like tony hayward at trial though, but thats only because htc relies on samsungs s-amoled plants. I would preorder just to be safe, due to many carriers dividing initial shipment.
:)

I agree about HTC...Incredible started out rough for many people...and the whole AMOLED to LCD switch is not a good thing. :(

Upvote 0
How is call quality with Samsung? I have never had their products before... Also, you guys mean pre-ordering the Fascinate?

My issue is I am a girl and the X is just too big...plus, I guess I really love the looks and brightness of Fascinate. It totally looks sexy!!! :p

I use to have the Alias, which was years ago I know, and I never had an issue with call quality that I remember. I highly doubt it will be terrible, at least any more so than most smart phones on VZW (which tend to be pretty darn good). Also, keep in mind only people with a complaint complain on an open forum. People who don't, well don't. They have no reason to come here and say, my phone quality rocks! So you will see more unhappy users than happy ones, and you will see it for EVERY phone. There are Moto, HTC, LG, Apple, etc complaints about everything under the sun. Doesn't mean those products are bad, just some users have bad experiences and most of the time those are subjective.

If the X is too big for you, the Fascinate might be too. While its not quite as big as the X, it is comparable to a degree. Maybe see if the EVO is too big (tallwise) and decide, they might be about the same height, even though the screen is bigger on the EVO. I say get the phone either way though :p

Upvote 0
I am really excited for this phone and would love to know more info about it....like if I get the X, will I still be within 30 days for this one? At this point, I would get anything because this LG Voyager is really killing me here :D

Anyways, what do you guys think? Is Samsung just really tight? Is the product far from ready? Is it VZW that is withholding info due to Moto contract? Or not enough inside Samsung people? Just wondering...

Cause I just can't take it anymore :D

It's definitely VZW holding back the info. Moto surely has no say in the matter (they're not Apple, after all ;)) and why wouldn't Samsung want to advertise their new product. Can't blame VZW though, they have to run a business and sell lots of both of the phones. Oneuping the Droid X by pushing the Fascinate in front would ruin their sales figures and their "Droid" brand image.

Upvote 0
I use to have the Alias, which was years ago I know, and I never had an issue with call quality that I remember. I highly doubt it will be terrible, at least any more so than most smart phones on VZW (which tend to be pretty darn good). Also, keep in mind only people with a complaint complain on an open forum. People who don't, well don't. They have no reason to come here and say, my phone quality rocks! So you will see more unhappy users than happy ones, and you will see it for EVERY phone. There are Moto, HTC, LG, Apple, etc complaints about everything under the sun. Doesn't mean those products are bad, just some users have bad experiences and most of the time those are subjective.

If the X is too big for you, the Fascinate might be too. While its not quite as big as the X, it is comparable to a degree. Maybe see if the EVO is too big (tallwise) and decide, they might be about the same height, even though the screen is bigger on the EVO. I say get the phone either way though :p

I was thinking of getting something that is a little bigger than the Incredible...but X seems too big. So I thats why I think fascinate would be just perfect. :p

Upvote 0
The fascinate has a better (although .3 inches smaller) screen than the x. better cpu, better gpu, but less ram. That is all we really know.

Call quality should be ok.

Isn't it 512mb as well? Or you mean like the 2gig on board? I really don't care about that...cause I am planning on getting the 32gig sd card. The screen sure looks way better than the Incredible or the X...at least in the videos. If call quality is good and build quality is solid...I am sold :p

Upvote 0
It really is interesting how quiet this VZ release is. I really believe it has everything to do with the Droid X release, but man, it's hard to make an informed decision with so little hands-on info out there. I really liked the Droid X, but I really like what little I can see about the Fascinate. The video camera samples taken with the Fascinate - for example - are super impressive.

This complete dampening of info and news about the Fascinate is crazy. The X and Fascinate were introduced only 6 days apart. I can find dozens and dozens of videos, hand-on reviews, details and opinions on the processor, the software info, etc about the Droid X. Yet I can find ALMOST NOTHING about the Fascinate. Not just from VZ, but from blogs, reviewers, etc.

- I really want to know how it feels to reviewers hand-on (other than from the 10 minutes at the release event). Yes, hummingbird, yada yada but how responsive is it during extended use?
- I want to know mostly if I can make Google Maps and Google Search defaults (Or are they actually the defaults, and Bing is just tacked on all over the home screens? We don't really know, because there hasn't been any hands-on. )
- I want to know about call quality.
- I want to know about battery life
- I want to know about its keyboard and typing (not Swype)
- I'd like to see a few more still photo examples of it's camera (you can find a surprising amount of video examples searching Galaxy S - and they all look excellent to me), but not nearly as many still shot examples seem to exist.

I want to know lots of other little things too, but it seems I may not be able to until after the X release unfortunately. I guess patience is a virtue, but it would be nice to have more info ..

Upvote 0
It really is interesting how quiet this VZ release is. I really believe it has everything to do with the Droid X release, but man, it's hard to make an informed decision with so little hands-on info out there. I really liked the Droid X, but I really like what little I can see about the Fascinate. The video camera samples taken with the Fascinate - for example - are super impressive.

This complete dampening of info and news about the Fascinate is crazy. The X and Fascinate were introduced only 6 days apart. I can find dozens and dozens of videos, hand-on reviews, details and opinions on the processor, the software info, etc about the Droid X. Yet I can find ALMOST NOTHING about the Fascinate. Not just from VZ, but from blogs, reviewers, etc.

- I really want to know how it feels to reviewers hand-on (other than from the 10 minutes at the release event). Yes, hummingbird, yada yada but how responsive is it during extended use?
- I want to know mostly if I can make Google Maps and Google Search defaults (Or are they actually the defaults, and Bing is just tacked on all over the home screens? We don't really know, because there hasn't been any hands-on. )
- I want to know about call quality.
- I want to know about battery life
- I want to know about its keyboard and typing (not Swype)
- I'd like to see a few more still photo examples of it's camera (you can find a surprising amount of video examples searching Galaxy S - and they all look excellent to me), but not nearly as many still shot examples seem to exist.

I want to know lots of other little things too, but it seems I may not be able to until after the X release unfortunately. I guess patience is a virtue, but it would be nice to have more info ..

+1 it's pretty shocking the difference between the two attention wise. I wonder if the fact that the droid x is an exclusive makes it more desirable to push it, versus the fascinate/galaxy-s/vibrant/captivate. I'm surprised Samsung isn't creating some hype themselves, again maybe it's because it's not an exclusive they don't have to worry as much, of course this is just conjecture. Might still get the droid x but would love some better info to see if the fascinate is worth waiting for.

Oh yea something I haven't seen discussed yet, cnet said the fascinate will play back multiple formats including divx, phone arena said one of those formats is MKV which would be awesome. Of course they could be 100% wrong later (like all blogs/media was about droid x early upgrade) but we'll see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones