• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is illegal immigration bad?

Do you honestly believe that are no positive impacts?

Better yet, have you performed that analysis, and are you ready to post the spreadsheet with your results, here, in this thread?

Negative impacts have been potentially observed.

Lets hear about the positive impacts.

Funny you mentioned them but, didn't list any specifically.

I can say I have gotten better in spanish lately however, I don't quite think that compares with the whole, People are entering our country undocumented which means they are illegally working, illegally housed and this is ultimately a negative thing.

Upvote 0
Illegal immigration is a unique issue in this country, in that it is mostly an issue that people have strong opinions on even though it doesn't affect them in any way at all. I find that interesting - how people can be so angry and vociferous about a "problem" that has no affect in their lives.

Republicans are very, very good at scapegoating and hate-mongering. They've been doing it since the late 1960's. It helps hide the indisputable fact the GOP is bereft of ideas to help this country solve its serious problems.

Upvote 0
Illegal immigration is a unique issue in this country, in that it is mostly an issue that people have strong opinions on even though it doesn't affect them in any way at all. I find that interesting - how people can be so angry and vociferous about a "problem" that has no affect in their lives.

If you honestly believe that it doesn't affect every person in this country on some level then you have not looked at the issue in its entirety. Does some guy coming across the border in the middle of the night affect me? Not at all. Does the eventual cost of him being here affect me? Absolutely. In this thread alone people have listen over a dozen negative things that happen with illegal immigration. Those affect all of us. Not just the people in California, Arizona, Texas and New Mexico. I encourage you to dig a little deeper into the issue. It will probably amaze you.

Republicans are very, very good at scapegoating and hate-mongering. They've been doing it since the late 1960's. It helps hide the indisputable fact the GOP is bereft of ideas to help this country solve its serious problems.

Liberals are very very very very very very very very good at blaming every single problem that has and will ever occur in the world regardless of actual fault on the GOP and trying to turn every issue into an us vs them political rant. Open your eyes and your mind a little Hakr, the left is not always correct and the right is not always correct. Laying blame on Conservatives, Republicans and the GOP for every issue is just ridiculous.

Just because illegal immigration involves Hispanic people doesn't make it racist.

Just because a Conservative said it, doesn't make it wrong.

This is a serious issue, no matter how much the news tries to tell you differently.

Trying to draw a correlation to every issue and the "so called" failings of the Republican party or prior administrations in every thread makes you look twice as desperate as those that try to point to all of Obama's current failings. Every President and every administration has and will have short comings. They are all human after all.

Reactions: byteware and Rota
Upvote 0
I couldn't agree more OTD. It impacts EVERY American in some way or another. No party, or office holder, is perfect. I disagree with pretty much everything Obama is putting through, but that doesn't mean I think McCain would have been perfect (far from it).
It's funny all the accusations of "hate speech" coming from the left, yet some of the things I have heard come out of the left would doubly qualify as "hate speech" by their standards. This is one term that is so misconstrued and over used...

Upvote 0
I have nothing against immigrants. My father is one. His family entered the US legally and respecting its laws. People who think they can just come here illegally are criminals and have no respect for US Law. Why would we want them if they can't respect the law of the land they wish so badly to be apart of?

Upvote 0
Have you read the 14th Amendment, or do you leave it to the "professionals" to tell you what it says. Tell me how anchor babies are legal and cite me quotes of the authors of the amendment backing your opinion.

And rolling your eyes at someone only proves your arrogance.

14th Amendment said:
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the
jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State
wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge
the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any
State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of
law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the
laws.

Anyone born here, who does not have immunity from our laws is a citizen. It doesn't matter if their parents are, or not.

Now whether this SHOULD continue, that's another question for debate, but that's the way it IS as of right now.

Upvote 0
Anyone born here, who does not have immunity from our laws is a citizen. It doesn't matter if their parents are, or not.

Now whether this SHOULD continue, that's another question for debate, but that's the way it IS as of right now.

People who come here legally or illegally are not under the jurisdiction of the US, they are under jurisdiction of their home countries.

The author of the 14th Amendment Citizenship Clause, Senator Jacob M. Howard, stated, in reference to the Amendment,

Upvote 0
People who come here legally or illegally are not under the jurisdiction of the US, they are under jurisdiction of their home countries.

You do understand what Jurisdiction means, don't you? It has nothing to do with citizenship.

Simply put, it means that if they commit a crime and are caught, can they be charged. If they can be charged, then they are under the jurisdiction of the laws of the location they are currently at.

If you go to France, and commit a crime, you will be charged, because you are under their jurisdiction.

If the American ambassador goes to France, and commits a crime, he cannot be charged, because he is not under their jurisdiction.

That part was specifically added to deal with the children of diplomats. The children of diplomats do not have citizenship in the country they were born.

The author of the 14th Amendment Citizenship Clause, Senator Jacob M. Howard, stated, in reference to the Amendment,

Upvote 0
That is ridiculous. They rent homes, therefore contribute, albeit indirectly to paying property taxes. They buy products from stores, therefore pay sales tax. Furthermore, here in Texas there is no income tax, thus they pay just as much taxes as anyone else. All of this without the right to vote, social security or any other privileges. You people make it look like these people are living the high life. Try picking fruit in the hot hours of the day, not seeing your family, etc.
Umm... compared to where they are coming from, it *is* the high life.

That's actually part of the point behind regulating immigration. We *do* need to regulate immigration to some extent (how much so is open to debate). I don't think anyone argues for no regulation at all. But there *is* a point at which they are sucking from our revenues. They can come here, live on half what we would call a "living" wage, be making more in a month here than they made in a year back in their homeland. To them, that's high living.

Immigrants, even the vast majority of illegals, are hard workers. They do NOT come here to suck our life's blood. For me, that's not in question. Nor can I point to illegal immigrant A or B and say that he or she is a security threat to the USA. But, then again, how do I know he or she isn't a threat? How do I know they aren't here with drugs, or poison, or to run a "Nigerian" scam?

If they wish to partake of our life, we have a right to know this. That's why illegal immigration is bad, IMO.

Upvote 0
Simple solution, someone comes in illegally and gets deported, mark em, tatoo em, brand em.
They come in again, start shooting. They are not citizens, and as such are not subject to the bill of rights. You break the rules you pay the price. I bet after a few weeks of that the rate of illegal immigrants would slow down dramatically

I do NOT limit this to hispanics at all. I include the russians, croatians, and everyone else who wants to come here for the quick and easy check home.

I dont bust my butt for 80 hours a week so illegals can go get healthcare, food, clothes, cars etc on my dime.

Upvote 0
How do you know that "foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors, or foreign ministers accredited to..." isn't a single term instead of a list of seperate populations? That's why the US Supreme Court interpreted as it did.

My father was US Air Force, stationed in Spain when I was born. I was born in Spain. Until my 21st birthday, Spain accepted me as a citizen, as did the USA. (I had to surrender one at 21, and surrendered Spain, although I'd LOVE to return as a visitor someday).

This concept of citizenship by birth is not new OR unique to the USA.

Being born on a US military base=us soil.

Upvote 0
Simple solution, someone comes in illegally and gets deported, mark em, tatoo em, brand em.
They come in again, start shooting. They are not citizens, and as such are not subject to the bill of rights. You break the rules you pay the price. I bet after a few weeks of that the rate of illegal immigrants would slow down dramatically

I do NOT limit this to hispanics at all. I include the russians, croatians, and everyone else who wants to come here for the quick and easy check home.

I dont bust my butt for 80 hours a week so illegals can go get healthcare, food, clothes, cars etc on my dime.

Its people like you that cause Europeans to think most Americans are crazy :(

Upvote 0
The term "anchor baby" is right-wing hate speech, in case you didn't know.

Well considering they have children here to "anchor" themselves into our country, I dont find it to be "hate speech". I am a Liberal, and I am completely against illegal immigration. As for Arizona, I live in houston, a sanctuary city for "illegals", and I hate it. If I am forced to show proper I.D. when stopped, then I feel theres nothing wrong with a possible illegal to show I.D. or proper papers when stopped, as in Arizona now. I absolutely should have more rights than an illegal does during a routine stop, as of now, I dont. Maybe if they wouldn't of picketed against English being voted into our national language I would feel alittle more sympathy for them. Besides they cost us alot of money and jobs, something we Americans need right now. Illegals are even a problem within the refineries here, theres no strawberry patches around Houston. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Oh yeah, a mother of 5 was stabbed to death outside a cell phone store by someone that was deported 4 times, a 14 yo girl was just shot by one, ms-13 gang has moved into houston and so on and so on.....

As i said above, do those people deserve to be incarcerated in our justice system? One of the nicest in the world? I dont think so. Why do I want to support assholes like that, Bullets are cheap and plentiful.

How is calling anchor babies hate speech..ILLEGAL immigration, meaning against the law, breaking the rules, they come up here, and turn american citizens into the minority by multiplying like rabbits and letting those of us who do pay taxes float the bill, meanwhile I pay roughly half of my monthly salary to make sure my son and wife have healthcare.

Upvote 0
That doesn't explain the Spanish citizenship I had until I was 21.

the US doesnt create laws for other countries........... under US law you were entitled to US citizenship because it recognizes a military base or embassy as US soil............. under Spanish law you were entitled to citizenship because their law says if you were born within their borders....... thus dual citizenships........... US law also states that a person with may have a dual citizenship until age 21 when they must reliquish one........

in reverse.... the opposite could not happen....... if both your parents had been from a foreign country and you were born in the US but within their Foreign Embassy confines......... you would not have US citizenship.....

its simply a matter of laws

Upvote 0
Hmm...

The statement at the beggining of this thread is not 100% correct... there are good people that are illegal immigrants... let me explain....

For example in South Africa here we have millions of bad illegal immigrants.... we even have a slang word.... "amakwerekwere" this means "bad foreigner" in isiZulu.... and Xhosa....

However.... because of the crack pot government (ZANU PF) in power in Zimbabwe and it's policy to kill all white farmers......South Africa has had a sudden and huge flood of illegal immigrants here....from Zimbabwe...this lead to xenophobic violence... sadly...

Of which many... had to flee for fear of their lives...due to a corrupt government...but are illegal immigrants but are very good people.

But yes this is a rare circumstance here.... but yes... 9 times out of 10... it is almost for certain a problem....

Hope you guys understand.

Illegal immigration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones