• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ironlung

Aug 1, 2011
Why is it that the original Samsung chargers crap out so quickly? I have noticed on here that other people have had problems with their phones charging and some have found that it was their charger not working. I also just found out today that it is indeed my charger not charging my phone properly. I think its a little absurd that my charger can't even last a full year after purchase.

Reactions: RayMabry
They seem to be made of some biodegradable plastic that degrades in like 3 months lol. Horrible things!
Right now im plugged into a blackberry charger lol shh, dont tell the forum ;)
And they don't heat up due to the internal battle going on? :p :D

Just kidding,
I have only had my device for just over 7 months now, but my charger is still fine....but I do have my old charger from my Evo and other chargers in case mine decides to puke on me.

Upvote 0
And they don't heat up due to the internal battle going on? :p :D

Just kidding,
I have only had my device for just over 7 months now, but my charger is still fine....but I do have my old charger from my Evo and other chargers in case mine decides to puke on me.

make sure you save them, I am now using an old lg optimus charger. :D

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Mine works just fine, had it since January. I actually like it, it feels sturdy to me.

I was saying the same thing three weeks ago. I got my s3 in November and the charger started to act funny about a week or so ago. I thought it was some app running rampant so I froze everything with titbu b4 I charged it, and sure enough it took about 6 hours to get a 65% charge. When I plugged it into the lg charger today, it took 40 minutes to get a 30% charge up. o_O

Upvote 0
Why is it that the original Samsung chargers crap out so quickly? I have noticed on here that other people have had problems with their phones charging and some have found that it was their charger not working. I also just found out today that it is indeed my charger not charging my phone properly. I think its a little absurd that my charger can't even last a full year after purchase.

My cable crapped out about 5 months in. The actual charger is still fine, but it's been 6 months so we'll see. It's ridiculous that something that comes WITH the phone can't last for even half the year. I was almost foolish enough to buy a brand new charger from Samsung. I decided against that as I figured the same would happen a few months down the line and I'd be out of 30 bucks.

Upvote 0
The ZTE and Sony phones ive had had the detatchable USB cable. Maybe its to save money because we have strange wall sockets in UK? Actualy, that wouldnt save money lol.
So is the cable on the US one made of really soft rubbery material? Kinda like a cheap set of headphones?
How about non-UK people in Europe, is yours one-piece?

Im using a BB (think i already said that soz) charger just now and the cable is really long and rugged but the charger is only rated at 700mA and my phone is tweaked to draw 1200 so i think im gona invest in a good charger.. :beer:

EDIT the USB cable we get in the box seems much higher quality than the charger one

Upvote 0
The ZTE and Sony phones ive had had the detatchable USB cable. Maybe its to save money because we have strange wall sockets in UK? Actualy, that wouldnt save money lol.
So is the cable on the US one made of really soft rubbery material? Kinda like a cheap set of headphones?

Im using a BB (think i already said that soz) charger just now and the cable is really long and rugged but the charger is only rated at 700mA and my phone is tweaked to draw 1200 so i think im gona invest in a good charger.. :beer:

EDIT the USB cable we get in the box seems much higher quality than the charger one

Most android chargers I've encountered are two pieces and they double a sync cable. I like the ones HTC uses as they are a soft and somewhat tacky rubber. They are also molded connectors which are effectively one piece. The Samsung cable is hard plastic and seems to be snapped together. My nexus 7 charge cable is like this also and it came apart on me once but I snapped it back together.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

It's certainly not as rugged as the cables Amazon or Media Bridge sell. I'll say that. But I've never had an issue with the cable externally. It's maybe a bit on the thin side, but other than that, my issue with it was, for whatever reason it started putting out a week charge. And inconsistently too. I'd be on my phone while it was charging and it would lose battery. Then I'd do something power intensive after changing outlets and it'd be fine. It took me days to pinpoint the issue. I listened to friends and thought it was the phone. Had a refurb sent and everything. But then I figured out it was the stupid chord and sent it back.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones