1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root why is mine different.??? help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbancroft, Mar 1, 2011.

1. mbancroft

mbancroft Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    yo
    yo
    I am A noobbbbbb. After you read this you will agree..... I'm playing with setcpu and every version is different then the one I have downloaded from the market I.E. the scaling options. I only have three "userspace", "onedemand", "preformance". Also my settings dont change when the inviroment changes ie I have my cpu set at the highest min and max rating when charging but the profile does not engauge. it might be cause my temp setting is allso at 100% as well and my phone is kinda warm... another thing why is my max mhz at 998 when I see others at 11 something...

Advertisement

2. WilDip

WilDip Newbie
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    NY
    Do some research on how to set CPU on your device. Playing with it may ruin your phone.

"A drop of Chuck Norris's semen was placed on Android OS. We now have CyanogenMod." -- Crossrocker, XDA Senior Member
    [​IMG]

3. mbancroft

None

Feb 11, 2011
    yo
    yo
    I have a ton of research thats why i'm asking the question. why is mine different. Hello????????????????????????

4. mbancroft

None

Feb 11, 2011
    yo
    yo
    I have recently rooted my evo and am now trying to set up "SETCPU" but i'm running in to a funny problem all the rececrch I get seems to be applicable to options I don't have. I'm starting to think that my app "SETCPU" is ether not a full app or it is an updated version that dose not have all options. I am looking for most of all "scaling" i have seen many videos with the option sleep or use..... how ever my app only gives the option for three choices. "USERESPACE, ONEDEMAND, PREFORMANCE". Whats the deal gods of android. pleasehelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is user space anyway?????

5. Hunterbeav

Hunterbeav Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 26, 2010
    Home Care Nurse
    Notheast Ohio
    If you are running a stock kernel you will not be able to overclock. You need a custom kernel to do and see the things you want. I am assuming you are rooted if so try flashing a different kernel and then try setcpu. Make sure you do NOT check the apply at startup box on the first screen of setcpu it can lead to boot up problems.

6. Hunterbeav

Hunterbeav Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 26, 2010
    Home Care Nurse
    Notheast Ohio
    Like I said in the other post you have on this if you have a stock kernel you will not be able to overclock. You need to flash a custom kernel then try setcpu, you will then have more options and will be able to overclock. DO NOT check the box to apply settings on boot up this can cause problems on boot up if your overclocked. You need to do a lot of reading on setcpu before using it. Good luck and have fun.

mbancroft likes this.
  7. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    yeah it sounds to me like you still have a stock kernel. Try flashing a custom kernel. Check out this guide [GUIDE]

mbancroft likes this.
  8. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    hunterbeav is right. Especially DO NOT check set at boot until you are sure you have stable settings or you will cause a boot loop. Also the options for "sleep" and "use" as you said are probably the profiles you can set up, being screen off, battery life, battery temp, and main profile. They are not related to your scaling though you can use a different scaling for every profile. Keep on researching. If you cant find it ask away. Check your other post for a thread about kernel basics i put in there.

mbancroft likes this.
  9. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
    Threads merged

mbancroft likes this.
  10. mbancroft

None

Feb 11, 2011
    yo
    yo
    ok. good info. thanks for your help all.

Tags: