• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why is my battery use showing 48% for camera ?

Bully74uk

Apr 21, 2010
Wiltshire, UK
Hi
In the battery use menu on my desire its showing as 48% use for camera even though ive only used the camera about 4 times (to take 4 pictures) since I got the phone on Friday !

Its showing the same percentage use (48%) for Android system as well which I can expect but why all the use for the camera ?

Other use at the moment is 'Cell Standby' 2% and 'Phone Idle' 2%

Any ideas guys ?

just leave it for a bit an use it as you would an see how you like it.
One thing i have noticed as a Desire user is... the less i know the better :p

for eg now im always looking to see what is using the battery when really it doesnt matter. The phone works...it lasts about 28hours on average.

Just let it be :)

Well my desire is 3 days old, i put it on charge last night before bed, the phone was switched to airplane mode and mobile internet switched off via widget. The phone was plugged into the charger all night, unplugged at 7:00am and as of 7:00pm I had 6% battery left.

I have sent 3 texts, read about a dozen emails and browsed for approx 5 mins.

Ive heard that the battery will get better and I hope it does otherwise when I start caning the phone it won't last a day per charge.

Anyway, I may do a battery pull and see if the camera usage of 48% changes as I really dont know where that could have come from !

Upvote 0
I turn off apn over night, I leave it unplugged and the phone only loses 4% battery between 12.00 and 7.30am. (I used to put it in airplane mode but its not worth it to be honest)

I keep apn on all day and have email set to update every 4 hours.
I keep Gps turned on, Wifi off unless needed.
I do a little web browsing, 20 mins maybe, including looking at the app market.
I send a few texts, maybe make a phone call.
Sometimes I listen to 30 mins to an hour or so worth of MP3s.
I use live wallpaper.

my desire easily lasts until the evening when i get home and put it on charge, usually about 7pm.

Upvote 0
OK I did a battery pull and it got rid of the 'Camera use' that was stuck on 48% in the battery use menu.

I now have other items in there such as 'Display' (currently 12%) and it seems to be more realistic based on what ive been using on the handset.

Early signs are that the battery is better as a result of the battery pull so im thinking that maybe a rogue app or problem was making the system think that the camera was in use more than it actually was.

I did download FXCamera yesterday so maybe that had something to do with it.

Upvote 0
my setup is something like this.

GPS - on. ( As far as i know it doesnt use it unless you need it for Eg Google Mps )
APN- off unless i need it.
brightness- 100% when outside but usually i just turn it off if indoors.
No live wallpaper.
Currently trying out Juice Defender to see if there is any difference.
Also trying Juice Plotter too to see what uses the most battery, the main culprit is the APN.

I do a lot of internet usage though mainly FB quick google searches etc
Cant say i listen to music on it i got an MP3 player :)
i text a lot... anywhere between 40 to a 100+ a day usually.
Not so much on phone calls but i still make em..id say an average a day is about 10min of calls.

My battery was rubbish when i got it but it has gotten better, im sure yours will too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones