• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help why is my phone doing this???

yasin810

Mar 25, 2011
USA,NY
Okay...Im pretty good with my phone, don't have many problems I cant usually figure out on my own,but this one has got me stumped.Up until yesterday I was able to watch all videos with no problem. Youtube, tv.com tru,they all were playing fine. Than all of the sudden last night everytime I'm going to a video it takes forever to load and than when it finally does load it plays for 6-10 secs than it stops. At first I was thinking it was just the app so I ui tv.com and dwnld tru.tv and still had the same problem. than I tried droid streamer,same problem so i ui. I than tried watching my youtube vid's and ( some! ) not all were doing the same thing. I cleaned my cache. Freed up memory with superbox. And even ui all my unused apps! and im currently @ about 67mb. Im on a unrooted Ascend and although not rooted my phone has ran perfectly up until this point. Any comments or suggestions? gladly appreciated!

Which carrier are you with? Cricket has a 1G limit that you may have reached and from other threads I've seen people have problems with speed after they reach that limit. If that isn't it let us know and we will hello you figure it out.

Wow really? And yes I am with cricket. And how do I know whether I am over the 1G limit? Thank you in advance for replying!!

Upvote 0
Yes you have probably reached the cap, that is exactly what it does. You can usually still get them to play if you try a few times and have a good signal. A lot of times if you wait when it freezes, it will start back up. Also, skyfire usually works better after data has been slowed than youtube does. To check data usage, go to mycricket.com and sign up for "my account". Once you are signed in, there is an option to view your data usage. (right side of screen) it is almost impossible to stay under 1gb. What's weird is regular web browsing doesn't feel much slower, just downloading things and watching video are where you will notice the difference.

Upvote 0
the only advantage to metros lack of 3g...

no sudden drop in speed due to a cap. it just stays crappy all the time :p
No sudden drop in speed but sometimes it will drop it's service all together! Though thank goodness it's been less fickle lately. I don't lose my data as often as I did for a while. Perhaps they are done with their "Maintenance blackouts". Just wish I had more bars here in my apartment..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones