• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is my post not in the New Posts list?

BootyLoad

Lurker
Sep 18, 2011
USA
I posted a new thread recently at one of the rather quiet Nexus One forums:
http://androidforums.com/nexus-all-things-root/415627-escaping-fastboot.html

The time signature is 2:12 CDT, but in the New Posts pulldown link, my thread is not listed. This is a bigger concern to me than it normally would be, since I may have a time-sensitive question - I imagine the New Posts link gets a lot more traffic than the Nexus - All Things Root forum. I couldn't find any information in the rules.

I'm guessing that either a) this is some sort of anti-spam issue for new members, or b) "New Posts" might only pull from certain forums of wider interest, and not from the more model-specific forums.

Which one is it?

A more accurate title for the new posts button would be new and unread posts. Every time you hit the new posts button, the forum essentially does a custom search to generate a list of topics that have posts you haven't read in.

You've already read your thread - which is why if you go to the Nexus One section the title won't be in bold for you like other threads and why you don't see it under new posts. But for me and everyone else, your posts will show up in that list :)

You can see what I mean if you read a thread from the new posts list. If you read something, it won't show next time you generate the list. (Although keep in mind refreshing the page is not going to regenerate the list, you have to click the new posts button to do that).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones