1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why is only one of the two front LEDs used?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bkosborne, Jun 4, 2010.

1. bkosborne

bkosborne Newbie

On the hero there are two LEDs on either side of the top speaker. Why is it that only the left one is used? Am I missing something?

2. bkosborne

bkosborne Newbie

When charging the phone - the top left LED is always lit. Whenever I receive a text/email/whatever, it doesn't blink or anything. Is there a way to change this?

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

I was under the impression that the right "LED" was not a LED at all but just there to look symmetrical and a aesthetically pleasing to the eye. If it is an LED, it sure would look sort of weird to have two different LED lights blinking on and off like eyes.

I am not 100% sure if I am right about what I said above. Perhaps, someone else can chime in about this?

4. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Android Enthusiast

I think there is only one LED, and one light sensor.

5. momoceio

momoceio Android Expert

Only one LED...the other side is a light sensor for the auto-screen brightness and for turning the button lights on/off.

6. Hemlox

Hemlox Member

You have asked this question twice in 2 seperate threads...asking again is not going to change the answer you got that you did not like.

7. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

Maybe he got the Memento syndrome! :p

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews