1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why is the 512GB version only offered in one color?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZepTepi, Aug 29, 2019.

1. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Android Enthusiast

That the 512GB is only available with the Aura Black. I can't help but wonder what the thinking was when the decided not to make it available with the Aura Glow or White.

Inquiring minds want to know.

2. marctronixx

512 version is not a mass market seller so makes no sense to make different colors for it.

ocnbrze, ZepTepi and Steven58 like this.
  3. CmdrBond

CmdrBond Well-Known Member

I'm currently replying on a 512 Glow (I ordered a black, but the guy who made the order was typing so fast he made other mistakes)

In the UK it's available in black, white and glow

4. CmdrBond

Don't really see what difference the insides make, it's the same shell regardless of CPU or storage.

5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Why the negative vibes? @CmdrBond
    Don't worry @ZepTepi Chakra White is coming on the 12. Probably with a terabyte of memory.
    What are folks doing with all that built-in storage available now?

6. CmdrBond

What negative vibes?

I explained that is available in 3 colours in the UK, and that I got the glow when I ordered the black...

dontpanicbobby and ocnbrze like this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

The post about the shell. Color matters to enjoyment.

8. CmdrBond

That wasn't a negative comment.

I was replying to a comment starting that the 512 wasn't mass market.

It makes no difference of the insides are 256 or 512 they'll fit in the same case.

And as to colour/enjoyment...

I wanted the black, but got the glow due to a cock up by them.

I could've had the black if I'd been willing to wait another day or 2, but I took the glow instead of the delay.

Would've rather the black s-pen, the car colour is largely irrelevant as it's in another car anyway

9. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Black Shells Matter!

ocnbrze and Hadron like this.
  10. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

:D

But since the original question was "why only in black" shouldn't it be "glow shells matter"? ;)

ocnbrze, CmdrBond and dontpanicbobby like this.
  11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

please pay no mind to mr @dontpanicbobby ....he can be sassy at times and means no harm......LOL

and as far as the op's question though it would have been nice to have the glow in the end it is most likely going to be covered with a case so to me it does not matter. i went with the 256 because i do not see why i need that much storage. i already have a 256g microsd card which on the note 8 was never completely full

dontpanicbobby and CmdrBond like this.
  12. CmdrBond

I went with the 512 as i plan to keep this for 3-5 years, maybe more dependent on software.

My S7 Edge lasted 3½ years, and I would have waited for the S11 if I hadn't cracked the screen.

That only had 4GB ram, 32GB storage and I was using an 8GB uSD.

I was only just hitting storage limits, but the phone was still pretty capable.

ocnbrze likes this.
  13. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Android Enthusiast

Thanks for all the reply's everyone. I suppose my original question doesn't matter as much for the the N10+ as it doesn't make sense to pay for the 512 when you can just use an SD card to enhance the 256 model.

dontpanicbobby and ocnbrze like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews