1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why is there no option to remove icon frame borders on the new android pie update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pistachio86, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Pistachio86

Pistachio86 Lurker

The option for removing icon frame borders isn't where it usually is on the android pie update, IV been trying to find for ages but can't find it anywhere, can someone help me out? I can't see why it would be removed?

Many Thanks

Dave

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Darthur35, Jul 23, 2019 (1 points)
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

It's removed. If you don't want borders, go to settings>wallpaper and themes>icons>download an icon pack with no borders.

4. Jay8

Jay8 Lurker

wow. really updated to get features most important removed. Now I have these ugly white frames around my icons and it's killing me to see, thanks samsung. I don't even want a theme either, I loved the default look, the pie update has ugly phone, gallery and so on icons too but I'm not here to complain about those. SIGH!

PitCarver likes this.
  5. Darthur35

Darthur35 Lurker

I found an icon pack called "Walk on Mars." It looks like your standard Android icons, but Without Borders. Although folders to still have borders. And it's free!

Attached Files:

6. Het100

Het100 Lurker

Thanks Darthur35. That worked perfectly!

Darthur35 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.2" screen, 12MP camera, 6GB storage, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews