1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Why is this so hard to find...FB/Twitter widget

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Redflea, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert
    None

Oct 6, 2009
    Looking for a widget similar to the Launcher Pro Plus "Friends" widget, or the Moto Blur Gingerbread Social Networking widget, one that allows me to see both Twitter and FB activity in a single widget, either in a scrollable list (preferred) or in a one-by-one flicklist view.

The Launcher Pro Plus widget would be fine, but the type is just too small and isn't adjustable.

Has anyone seen a widget that allows you to see both twitter and FB posts in a scrollable window or similar view? Searching the market comes up with twitter or FB-only options, but not one that combines both.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Advertisement

2. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    Tweetdeck? Does as many social apps as you have loaded into it as far as I understand.

3. claus1953

claus1953 Well-Known Member
    None

May 11, 2011
    Pure Widget loads FB, Twitter, Gmail, POP mail, SMS, calls. And it is skinnable.

4. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert
    None

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks...as a reminder I'm looking for widgets, wasn't sure if the Tweetdeck recommendation includes a widget.

I'll check Tweetdeck and Pure Widget.

Thanks!

Edit: Thought Pure Widget sounded familiar, I bought it years ago when I first got my D1, and had stopped using it a while back...it's had some very nice updates and is a much better option now. And you can select the font size. :)

5. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert
    None

Oct 6, 2009
    Turns out the Pure Messenger widget has refresh issues - repeatedly shows up w/zero entries when waking up the phone.

So I'm using Tweetdeck...the widget isn't quite what i wanted but it gives me quick access to the app which has a very nice, clean interface.

6. Koxx

Koxx Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    Hi,
    I am the Pure messenger dev.
    I would be very interested to solve this 'refersh' issue. Can you contact me please ?

7. sadielynn

sadielynn Android Enthusiast
    None

May 3, 2011
    Female
    Michigan
    Paid version of Colorize Widget has a 'timeline' widget, which combines facebook & twitter feeds. You can also have it include SMS, i believe. It has a bunch of options for themes and colors (obviously, heh). Plus a bunch of other scrollable widgets too.
    [​IMG]

Yes, I made it an obnoxious bright green, but you can pretty much pick any color, or make it transparent, or hide the header completely. Can also change the color & transparency of the background, and the font color. Tap on the message to view & post comments. Post to fb & twitter from the widget.

First app I ever paid for, & never regretted it :)