• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is Verizon Holding out on 4G Phones?

RogueRose

Lurker
May 21, 2010
Ok....so a couple of my buddies and I are due for an upgrade from Verizon and since this our last upgrade we want to hold out for the right one. We have been waiting for a nice 4g phone. Originally we were holding out for the Bionic and we all know what happened there. Then we were debating between the i5 and the D3. Now who knows WHEN the i5 will come out and now the D3 is NOT going to be 4g. As far as I know, there's going to be NO new 4g phones coming out on Verizon this summer. What gives? Then they're doing away with their unlimited plan (epic fail). Verizon is really starting to lose favor with me. Is there some 4G phone that is due to come out within the next couple months that I am just not aware of? Or are the ones that are out now any good?

:::fuming:::::

you wont see any new 4g until the unlimited data is history imho

oh and if your saving that last new every 2 credit, it expires 6 months after your eligible

Yeah I know the credit is expiring, which makes me more twitchy to get a new phone, but still wanting to make the best decision.....I just wish they had a good option out there that I could be comfortable with!

Upvote 0
Btw, I just saw the bionic due this summer (code name targa) is supposed to have a 13 megapixel camera! Looks nice, I would hold out. I bet it has tons of internal and external storage too. It would have to, to hold tons of high-res pics.

Is it due this summer? I keep hearing its getting delayed/cancelled, etc. I would love to have a 13mp camera.

Upvote 0
I do customer service for vzw and I never knew that the NE2 expired in 6 mo. That's bull. I'm not hearing anything on the 4G front for the summer. They tell us nothing, which, I feel is kinda unfair, since we do their CS, we have a right to know the incoming changes and such one would think. I'm hearing things via sites like here before corprate tells anyone anything at all. Sad situation.

Upvote 0
I do customer service for vzw and I never knew that the NE2 expired in 6 mo. That's bull. I'm not hearing anything on the 4G front for the summer. They tell us nothing, which, I feel is kinda unfair, since we do their CS, we have a right to know the incoming changes and such one would think. I'm hearing things via sites like here before corprate tells anyone anything at all. Sad situation.

go to the verizon forums. it either expires 6 months after jan 16th if you were eligible before, or 6 months after your eligibilty date
its been discussed over there

vzw corp is terrible at communications.
you ask 4 diff cs the same question and get 4 diff answers

Upvote 0
go to the verizon forums. it either expires 6 months after jan 16th if you were eligible before, or 6 months after your eligibilty date
its been discussed over there

vzw corp is terrible at communications.
you ask 4 diff cs the same question and get 4 diff answers
The worst part about all of this is that I'm still in training, and when I phone partnered with a few reps, I was the one giving them the answers and they'd been there a year or more! Thanks for the tip on the Verizon forums man!

Upvote 0
Question about the upgrade expiring -

Is it 6mths from when the early upgrade offers start rolling in (which drive me insane, leave me alone!) or 6mths from the official early upgrade?

that i can remember its either @ month 26 or 30 after your initial contract date
im thinking 26, as you get the ne2 at month 20

check out vzw forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones