1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips why is wi-fi blocked by connection saved secured

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spoolly, Sep 4, 2017.

1. spoolly

spoolly Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2017
    It has been devastating, two weeks ago when connecting to wi-fi a red screen popped up I believe mcAfee symbol of a security safety issue and to go to secured connection. Its been now over two weeks of researching an answer as to why trying to make a connection with home wifi, connects briefly then turns off to a saved secured setting without wi-fi connection. My wife's samsung galaxy note 5, does not have the same problem and is still connected to use the same home wi-fi without issue. There are many answers on the forum, but still not able to have one where one works at home and the other won't. The phone with the issue still can connect while in other wi-fi hot spots. So I believe my phone has got to be the problem in the note 4, but cannot find any system settings within it to correct the issue.

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Does your wife's Note 5 also have McAfee on it? If no, perhaps that's the problem. Try going into the McAfee settings menu on your Note 4 and disable all its features to see if that clears up your connectivity issues.

3. spoolly

spoolly Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2017
    Thank you as looking at both of the cell phones they are identical except her advance note 5 to my note 4. everything else in virus protection should all be the same, but I will look at everything including your tip today and let you or anyone else reading this too.

4. spoolly

spoolly Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2017
    Wow thank you svim, I forced stop on my mcafee protection, lookout and keeper. My home wi-fi connected. I should flood the internet with your solution, as no one mentioned it in all my searches. Now to try and decide which one of the three was the problem if not all. any thoughts on that? Thank you again as I've spent hours if not days looking for the answer.

5. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Of those three I'd think Keeper is the least likely to be a part of what was happening, and you might want to keep using it. Being a password manager/file storage security utility, it shouldn't need to be altering any kind of network functionality to do its job. Between McAfee or Lookout I'm just guessing but I wouldn't trust McAfee. If you want to remove it, go into i's setup menu, disable all its features first and then go into your Note's Application manager, tap the 'Clear data' button and then the 'Uninstall button'. As for Lookout, I don't really have an opinion if it's necessary or not. Whatever the case you did not need two different AV utilities, there's a good chance that was the problem to begin with -- two utilities conflicting with each other in the background attempting to do the same thing.
    Just my opinion but loading up your Note with AV/malware utilities is following a mantra that most Windows users need to follow that's usually just a waste of system resources with Android. If anything, pick ONE to rely upon, turn off anything in its Settings menu that's constantly running in the background trying to monitor things, and then one a month or every quarter run a manual scan to see if it can dig up anything. There's no shortage of security articles in the media looking at Android so a lot of people just instinctively think adding in an AV utility will help, but in reality most of them create as many problems as they claim to fix.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launched in 2014 as the company's flagship phablet. It has a 5.7-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.