1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Why isn't my my phone/tablet recognizing my OTG hub?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ryan Redern, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Ryan Redern

Ryan Redern Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    I recently bought an Inateck OTG hub 7-port for my Motorola moto g (2013).
    When i plug it in nothing happens, the power light comes on on the OTG hub but the phone doesn't recognize it. I also tried it in my Tesco Hudl 2 and that doesn't work either. In the storage settings they both say that they can connect to an OTG hub.
    I also downloaded a File Manager from google play and that doesn't recognize it either.
    I'm not sure whether i need to root the devices (and if i do could you tell me how) or whether I've just bought the wrong hub. But i hope it isn't the hub because i spent £15 on it. If you could help with this problem that would be great. Thank you.

Advertisement

#1 Ryan Redern, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2016
  2. Seraph08

Seraph08 Android Expert
    None

What version of Android are you using? Need to Root? Probably. How to? Google it.

Ryan Redern likes this.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.