• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why my battery drains while charging?

Saul Guzman

Lurker
Dec 26, 2017
the phone is actually a Moto G5s Plus (Special Edition)
it shows the battery going down even while completely shut off and charging
It shows the correct percentage when unplugged, but while it is, it goes all the way to 0% gradually
Been using the factory charger
Teh phone is barely a month old and this started about 2 days ago
And no, I don't use it while charging, maybe answer some messages but not something that may consume more than what the charger is delivering

The factory charger should be more than sufficient to charge at an acceptable rate even when being used heavily... So that means one of a couple things is wrong here:

1) Charger is bad
2) Cable is bad
3) Phone is bad

It is usually pretty easy to test the first two, if you have any friends with a newer Samsung, LG, Huawei, or similiar device, as most of their models come with Qualcomm QuickCharge compatible cables and chargers that you could test with. If the result is the same the problem is probably a defective device and you should contact Motorola via you regions specific method (US, UK, EU, LA, Asia, etc... all have different methods).

Upvote 0
The factory charger should be more than sufficient to charge at an acceptable rate even when being used heavily... So that means one of a couple things is wrong here:

1) Charger is bad
2) Cable is bad
3) Phone is bad

It is usually pretty easy to test the first two, if you have any friends with a newer Samsung, LG, Huawei, or similiar device, as most of their models come with Qualcomm QuickCharge compatible cables and chargers that you could test with. If the result is the same the problem is probably a defective device and you should contact Motorola via you regions specific method (US, UK, EU, LA, Asia, etc... all have different methods).

Thanks, I'll check that out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones