1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Why my Incredible S keeps on crashing???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ujang, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Ujang

Ujang Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Guys, I have one problem here. I've just got my Incredible S last Saturday. Everything works nicely until Monday. I work in a company that doesn't allow us to bring our handphones in the office. So, I have to keep it in a locker provided by them. The problem is, everytimes I keep and take it out for lunch or after work, the phone will request my PIN number, which means it was restarted by itself. Then it will prompt me to send one system error report to HTC due to system crash. Anyone have any ideas on what actually happened? Is it because there's no phone coverage in the locker? Is that means my phone crashes due to no service coverage??? This is quite frustating as I've used this phone for just 6 days.. :(

Advertisement

2. Ujang

Ujang Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Anyone out there can help me with this problem?? Really appreciate any info n help from u guys, as currently im still having the same prob..

3. atn_chargers

atn_chargers Member
    None

May 22, 2010
    There have been some reports that using the app called "Advance task killer" may cause your phone to crash and restart. Are you using any type of task killer downloaded from the market? I would suggest a hard reset and download your apps one at a time to see whats causing your phone to crash.

4. Ujang

Ujang Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Task killer? Hm.. currently i'm using Free Advance Task Manager and Watchdog lite only, could that be the cause? Em..if theres other option, i dont want 2 do hard reset as i'll lost all data n settings rite..

5. fmz

fmz Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    Same problem, had the phone for a month now, start acting up after 2 days. Constant reboot, weird greyish Batt indicator.
    Did a hard reset .... Problem gone for a week or so...then start coming back again... Now living with the problem.

Fmz, Singapore

6. emily1169

None

You should figure out what apps cause the crash. Any bugs in many apps will lead to crash. You can also sent the bug report to HTC officially.

7. changky

changky Newbie
    None

Dec 18, 2010
    Philippines
    Same thing happened to me right after I installed apps from the Market. The culprit - ADVANCE TASK KILLER. I uninstalled that app and did a reset. Since then, my phone has been very stable. No crashes at all.

8. changky

changky Newbie
    None

Dec 18, 2010
    Philippines
    Same thing happened to me right after I installed apps from the Market. The culprit - ADVANCE TASK KILLER. I uninstalled that app and did a reset. Since then, my phone has been very stable. No crashes at all.

9. fmz

fmz Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    Did the same, uninstall adk and did a hard reset. Gone for a week or so. Came back and act up ever since....

10. Brucew0617

None

Jan 27, 2011
    Earth
    I think you need to update a new system in your mobilephone

11. petulda

petulda Lurker
    None

Mar 2, 2011
    Hi,
    I am having the same problem, the phone crashes at random intervals. I do not have any task killer application installed (and when had, it made no difference). I tried hard reset, uninstalled applications, bug nothing helped. It just keeps crashing at random intervals, on average once a week, but occassionally twice a day.

I sent a bug report to HTC and their advice was something along the lines: "It is an open source system, you should expect problems (WTF!!). Try hard reset and uninstall applications. If that does not help, send us your phone."

I really cannot recommend HTC to anyone :-(

12. Bagbug

Bagbug Member
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    IT
    Montr
    No crash since I have mine (6 weeks).

And what did you expect them to tell you ? This is the only way to do. You go back like it was out of the box and if it is not working better then you have a defect.

I dont know where you got yours but I had 30 days to exchange mine for a new one or for a different brand.

13. ningnongjin

ningnongjin Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Hi all,

Am new to the Android world and have recently acquired the HTC's Incredible S. Amazing as it is, i too experience the same problem with my phone re-setting itself (it was asking for my PIN) and receiving system crash notification in less than a week. I do not have any apps installed just downloaded 1-2 games and whatsapp from the Market.

I've yet to upgrade the software to Gingerbread through the software updates notification and judging from the experience shared here seems like it's a common issue faced.