• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why no 2013 Nexus 7 Forum

I can already tell it's going to be a pain finding third party accessories (namely cases) for this thing considering there's no name change.

Yea, I notice most of the google pages relevant to different versions call it Nexus 7 (2013), so hopefully that convention will be picked up by everyone (he said without too much conviction :).

Upvote 0
I moved this to the Suggestion Box and Feedback forum where admin will see it.:)

Honestly, I'm a bit befuddled by how AF should handle this as it is distinctly different than the OG N7 with a rear facing camera, 1080P display, etc. On the other hand, both the gen 1 and gen 2 will both be running the latest version of Android, so most general questions will be the same.:dontknow:

I don't envy admin's decision on how to handle this, but they will do what they think is best for the members.:)

Reactions: trophynuts
Upvote 0
To save new user confusion, we're keeping one forum with two subforums for rooting.

A lot of people come here off of a Google search.

Google changed the hardware without changing the name of the device.

We decided that it made less sense for us to invent artificial device names to continue the confusion.

Imagine the new buyer in January 2014 coming in and trying to find the 2014 forum when we could one for 2012 and one for 2013 - that's not helpful.

This is exactly what happened with the Kindle Fire and we handled that the same way.

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones