• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why no App2SD support?

I just bought this phone as an upgrade (I thought), to my HTC One V. However come to find out there is no App2SD support for this phone. Why is this? Is there a workaround or an update to come? This could really turn out to be a deal-breaker for me. I have some games that are close in size to the 2GB of available storage. How can such a new phone not support this when it has been available for years. Can someone enlighten me?

I believe I can. Google completely removed the featured that allowed phones to save app data to SD cards on the ICS android version and since this phone is relevantly new with little or no dev support no one has been able to root or build custom roms to get around this issue. I know, it sucks, but we just have to bear with it until this phone gets a bit more dev support.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones