• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why NO display calibration???? in hand helds Androids?

1ds

Apr 12, 2011
India
I was checking out my bro new Samsung galaxy tab and i was amazed to see "White" control and "Saturation" adjustment in his tab running HoneyComb i was bit fumed because both the settings were pretty vital for display accuracy geeks and they were quite effective too rather than show off.

I was checking out my bro new Samsung galaxy tab and i was amazed to see "White" control and "Saturation" adjustment in his tab running HoneyComb i was bit fumed because both the settings were pretty vital for display accuracy geeks and they were quite effective too rather than show off.
I think you have probably answered your own question 1ds.

Your brother is running the latest version of Android 3.0, Honeycomb, and your phone is only on 2.2.1, Froyo.

I am unsure if your handset will even get Honeycomb in the future as you have yet to receive Android 2.3, Gingerbread, it would seem.

I would suggest contacting your carrier regarding upgrades.

Hope this helps. :D

Upvote 0
I think you have probably answered your own question 1ds.

Your brother is running the latest version of Android 3.0, Honeycomb, and your phone is only on 2.2.1, Froyo.

I am unsure if your handset will even get Honeycomb in the future as you have yet to receive Android 2.3, Gingerbread, it would seem.

I would suggest contacting your carrier regarding upgrades.

Hope this helps. :D

does gingerbread boast this feature?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones