• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why No Kickstand??

Of course. I don't want to carry a dock around with me everywhere. The kickstand stays with the phone.

Wonder if the kickstand case will fit in the dock. I travel a lot and my dock would travel with me just like the holder/charger for my electric toothbrush.

You act like you would carry a dock around in your hand all day. I don't carry my chargers in my hand when I travel. They go in my hand carried bag I take on the plane with me.

Upvote 0
You act like you would carry a dock around in your hand all day. I don't carry my chargers in my hand when I travel. They go in my hand carried bag I take on the plane with me.

Of course not, but you have to admit that having a kickstand on the phone at all times is way different than planning ahead and always carrying a dock with you at any possible time you may happen to flip out a kickstand. They're different, and the kickstand is WAY more convenient.

Reactions: BlackDynamite
Upvote 0
Of course not, but you have to admit that having a kickstand on the phone at all times is way different than planning ahead and always carrying a dock with you at any possible time you may happen to flip out a kickstand. They're different, and the kickstand is WAY more convenient.

Planning ahead for what? I'm not watching movies at work. Only time I use the kickstand is to watch TV shows at home via a website. It not like you are going to watch a movie in the airport and the kickstand is going to help keep the phone positioned in your lap. The kickstand needs a soild surface and a dock doesn't. Hell, you could put the dock in your lap and watch a movie off the 3D. I can put the dock onto my hotel bed and watch a movie and not have to worry about the phone falling over due to a cord being attached to a case with a kickstand. The pros of a dock outweigh a kickstand case, especially while traveling.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones