1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why no notification sound when texts received?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JRR66, Dec 4, 2014.

1. JRR66

JRR66 Lurker

My Brigadier will not give me an audible notification when I receive a text. I have chosen a ringtone for such a notification, and hear it when I select it. My phone is not set on silent. I have my phone general notification sound turned on, as well as the notification sound in the texting app. With both the Verizon Messaging and Verizon Messaging+ apps, I get no audible notification when a new text is received.

Android 4.4.2

Anyone else run across this problem or does anyone know how to fix this?

If I download a reminder app, then I get a reminder sound. But I get no sound when I initially receive a text.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

Do you get any popups when a message comes in?? I miss that feature. Only thing I would try is to disable the program or reload it to see if it picks up the sound prompt.

3. Biggerblind

Biggerblind Lurker

I do see the popups, but I have had the same issue recently. I tried using an outside app, but that didnt work either.

You dont know how big a deal this is until it happens to you.

4. taxonoman

taxonoman Lurker

Mine comes and goes. Sometimes it works flawlessly for days and then I get no sounds for a while. When a call comes in, it will vibrate for 5 seconds or so before it rings. The bigger issue I have is I can't talk to anyone on the phone itself, I have to use a Bluetooth. Nobody can hear me on the phone. It's been like that since shortly after I got it. At the Verizon store they still give out dumb looks for such issues for free.

Kyocera Brigadier Forum

The Kyocera Brigadier release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a Snapdragon 400 processor, 3100mAh battery, 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, and 2GB RAM.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews