• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why no One x plus in stores?

doldfield

Nov 26, 2012
I live in WV, obviously I haven't checked every store, but it appears that every store does NOT have a one x plus in stock. Lots of stores I've been to don't even have it on display. Why the secrecy regarding the phone? One store rep told me they only have a display model, and only take orders for the one x plus. I asked him if they'd sold any of the phones, he said no. I'd like to complain to someone but who? How does htc expect to sell any phones with this type of distribution?

HTC doesn't have the cash, resources, or marketing muscle that Apple or Samsung do. Without the OEMs driving them, the retailers aren't going to push the product. HTC has lost almost half of their market share in the past year and are basically in survival mode. It's too bad, because the HOX+ is easily the equal of the GSIII, but the huge difference in sales is because of Samsung's ability to market their phones.

Upvote 0
HTC doesn't have the cash, resources, or marketing muscle that Apple or Samsung do. Without the OEMs driving them, the retailers aren't going to push the product. HTC has lost almost half of their market share in the past year and are basically in survival mode. It's too bad, because the HOX+ is easily the equal of the GSIII, but the huge difference in sales is because of Samsung's ability to market their phones.

One X+ has a better processor then the GS3. I still think the original One X is on par with the GS3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones