1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why no push notifications from one specific app?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by cdysthe, Nov 12, 2020.

1. cdysthe

cdysthe Member

Hi,

I have several apps that sends me push notifications without problems except for one. And of course that's one I really would like push notifications from. I have set the notifications for this app many times making sure they are enabled and set correctly but whatever I do I get nothing. Absolutely nothing ever.All other apps notify me as they should.

What could the problem be? Since it's only this one app could it be that the developer aren't sending the notifications or could it be something wrong on my side or with the app itself? The app is called SmartNews and I know I have gotten notifications from it in the past. I have even used a push notification checker app telling me nothing is wrong. It would of course be very helpful is someone could install the SmartNews app on Android 10 (which I am running) and let me know if they receive notifications. If not I can start yelling at the developer, but right now I do not even know where to begin to look for a solution.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Since this is the only app not giving you notifications, then yes, the problem lies with the developer / server side.

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  3. cdysthe

cdysthe Member

Thanks. So far the developer hasn't responded and i'm afraid they will have me go over my settings etc. Instead of looking at their own servers. Hope i'm wrong.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  4. cdysthe

cdysthe Member

I think I've figured out what's going on here. I got this answer from the SmartNews support:

"New installs and reinstalls of the SmartNews app may experience a lag of a few days before notifications start coming in."

This was a reinstall on a new phone and my profile was restored in the app. I wonder why there's significant lag before push notifications start coming in? I think they should inform of that within the app. I have wasted a lot of time on this. At least I now know things will be back to normal. This is one of my most used apps.

#4 cdysthe, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    mikedt, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.