1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why no site confirmations?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LinkA8A0A, Sep 6, 2011.

1. LinkA8A0A

LinkA8A0A Member

So checking out verizonwireless.com and motorola.com, neither has any dates for launch of the Bionic. I know it's coming out on Thurs, but why would they not put the launch date on their site when it's only two days away?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rocket97

rocket97 Guest

That is because apple pattented "announcing future products on a internet website" because they were the first to think of it and it is "new" and "innovative and revolutionary". Verizon and Motorola don't want to get sued.

droidfan1, kcs7272, murth and 7 others like this.
  3. LinkA8A0A

LinkA8A0A Member

It's very hard to pick up sarcasm online, and am not asking this to be a smart-a, but are you serious?!? A company can't announce a new product because that has been patented?

4. HotDawg

HotDawg Android Enthusiast

No, he's not serious. I don't think anyone has an answer for you though, so it's as good as any!

5. DDave

DDave Well-Known Member

I called my local VZW store and asked if their hours were going to be changed for the Bionic, I was told they were not. So I asked if I can preorder, she said no, its first come first serve. So I asked if I can make an appointment, she said yes...

So, nobody at VZW is officially saying it is available on the 8th, but nobody there is saying it isnt.

I'm really surprised this has not been hyped up more.... but then again... maybe saying NOTHING is more than saying SOMETHING.

6. dragma

dragma Well-Known Member

There is no hard/fast rule that states that businesses have to announce when an item is coming out, they do it as a curtsy but that is about it. TV ads show them coming out on 9/8 as do web banner ads.

The simplest answer is they prob don't want people pestering them as to why it is not available for pre-order, or their web guy is being lazy.

7. jamor

jamor Android Expert

I signed up for Bionic e-mail notifications and received nothing but I did get an e-mail begging me to buy garbage inventory like Thunderbolt and Incredible 2.

I'm unsubscribing from any possible e-mail from Verizon. Clearly they have an agenda and it is about selling the phones they want out.. not the phone that you want in your hands.

They want rid of all old inventory so announcements come late as possible.

It's a business and 100% about profitability so you can't expect Verizon to be helpful or nice or "on your side".

/end rant

8. jiznake

jiznake Newbie

I can see why they wouldn't want to start advertising tell today since they had a labor day sale, they didn't want everyone not obsessed with phones to say hey, later in the week I can a much better phone. Now I don't get why they still haven't started.

9. rossman26

rossman26 Member

It seems to be past practice that VZW sends out e-mails AFTER the phone goes on sale.. lol, ridiculous. You would think that if you sign up they'd give you some sort of in or at least a heads up that it's coming but noooo.. I fully expect an e-mail from them sometime next week letting me know the Bionic has arrived!! and the best part is that I'll read, and delete, that e-mail from my Bionic.

kcs7272, bigbabys and thatguy188 like this.
  10. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Android Enthusiast

My local corporate vzw store confirmed it would be here this thursday and they put one aside for me since they arent taking pre orders.

11. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

I'm fairly certain that some of the decision-makers at VzW smoke copious amounts of CRACK! :eek: Why wouldn't a company run a HUGE marketing campaign during Labor Day weekend ... just a few days before the release date of the coolest phone ever??? Makes ZERO sense!

12. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert

Ahahahahahahahaha...ahhhh. Good $#!+.

He's making a joke based on the fact that Apple is constantly suing everyone in the biz for patent infringement. I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs owns the rectangle shape. Ok, that's more sarcasm. lol

13. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Well, the CEO of Moto DID say the Bionic was "Just another device". Perhaps that attitude rolls down the chain of Moto and VZW?

Must admit surprise in no media leaks or devices out and about, considering the device releases tomorrow. Seems a weak push for grass root efforts to build interest. Considering October will see perhaps another high end device, seems a better effort is needed to build sales through the rest of the year.

14. kcs7272

kcs7272 Android Expert

Point of fact...well in my opinion anyway. Verizon seems to have an Apple mentality of sorts. Un the manner of, "You will buy whatever we put out so why advertise? We are Demi Gods"

I think they are getting a bit too big for their britches.

15. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

At least they shipped some samples out to some media sites yesterday, based on previews today.

16. SpeakerBox

SpeakerBox Member

Come on guys, really? Crying about big red advertising is exactly what they wanted. No need to advertise when your "following" will do it for you......for free! Its obvious they didn't have to announce it as everyone here found out through "leaks" everything we wanted to know including a release date so why spend millions on advertising to the masses when the ones who would be at the stores waiting in the morning are us anyways? Makes total sense to me and if I were in their shoes, id always advertise like this just to help line my pockets with extra cash!

/end rant

17. thatguy188

thatguy188 Android Enthusiast

18. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews