• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why only 2 gb's for application storage?

game apps are getting pretty big. I know there is one app I am really tempted to get. Its called spectral souls. The game is just over 1 gig. So yea that 2 gig limit can be reached pretty quick. With the new unreal engine games that will be coming out who knows how large those will be.

You are confusing app memory and data memory. I bet the app itself is just a few up to 30 MB and only the data needed for it is around 1GB. The data will not ever be placed where the app is installed, it will be placed in the 10.5GB.

Same thing with GPS Maps, etc., etc.

Upvote 0
You are confusing app memory and data memory. I bet the app itself is just a few up to 30 MB and only the data needed for it is around 1GB. The data will not ever be placed where the app is installed, it will be placed in the 10.5GB.

Same thing with GPS Maps, etc., etc.

if this is true, then i dont see an issue.
i wondered about this since GPS maps could take up more than 2 gigs on their own.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones