1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Why root your Ace?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chrisff60, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Chrisff60

Chrisff60 Newbie
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Hey, guys,

Been reading a lot about rooting my Ace and the jury seems to be out 50-50 on this one and no one seems to be able to explain why a rooted phone is better than an unrooted one and vice-versa. Anyone care to shed some light on this one?

And not just, "Well, if you root your phone, it'll work much better than before..." :cool:

I guess I'm asking for pros and cons. And if pro, should we wait for the official 2.3 to come out and then root? Anyways, pros and cons...

Advertisement

2. error974

error974 Member
    None

May 20, 2011
    Many usefull applications demands rooted phones. For example, I use droidwall to reduce amount of 3g data (i don't have unlimited plan), and phone must be rooted for droidwall.

3. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Pros : 1.) Titanium Backup : For obvious reasons.Backup of apps is a blessing when samsung users dont have Clockworkmod recovery
    2.) Link2SD : Increasing space .Another app which allows you to install all apps on SD .You will have to seperate partition but you get an effective memory 10 p.c of SD card .
    3.) Set CPU : allows you to access custom scaling governors and speeds.

Cons : Installing apps without prior knowledge of that app can result in bricked or compromised phone.

4. aktifit

aktifit Well-Known Member
    None

May 24, 2011
    and you can remove samsungs bloatware ;), but i'd say don't do it as long as you don't feel an urge to do so.