1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support why so slow?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spikeithard, Jan 1, 2011.

1. spikeithard

spikeithard Android Expert
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Male
    London Ontario Canada
    ok. i was just playing with a iphone 4.... firstly, the slide is magic. its soo easy and smooth. a obviously easy feature? guess not. our x10 is a loser here huge. so slow and not smooth. it catches and sometimes get stuck right near the end. its 2011! how can this happen?!

then i went through here default picture slide show. fast.. no lag!

then comes mediascape... LAG. hold on... loading.. loading. theres a new picture! WTF?

it cant be the 1Ghz proc? its ram right? :(

Advertisement

2. spikeithard

None

Sep 23, 2010
    Male
    London Ontario Canada
  3. pyromatic18

pyromatic18 Member
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    Australia
    SE puts alotta crap on there firmware which leads to a slow phone. My phone is pretty fast only cause I have installed a custom rom. Maybe you should get one if speed is what you want.

4. uchi

uchi Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    mines the same way. im rooting and ive removed alot of crap and its gotten faster but still lags. sometimes ill open the menu for the apps and its choppy as shit while it loads. and it gets hung up on the slide unlock all the times. im on my 5th x10 now, been less than 6 months since my first. im waiting for something solid to come out of rogers and then im gonna start really pressing an upgrade through them. every old iphone ive played with has been faster than every x10 ive had. not to mention the bastard wont retrieve my email all the time.

5. spikeithard

None

Sep 23, 2010
    Male
    London Ontario Canada
    ya pyro... i have rooted and gone to 2.1 but the only thing im still confused on is the ROM thing. i just dont get it. i downloaded rom manager or whatever but have been scared to play with it. any suggestions?

6. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Head over to xda for tutorials on how to install a custom ROM, easiest way is through recovery mode, it's really very simple.

7. joemonkey

joemonkey Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    once the phone is rooted, would someone please provide a list of apps to remove that may speed up the phone. i am sure some of us may feel a bit apprehensive removing apps that may otherwise cause problems for the OS.

again, it would be most helpful to get a list of apps that are safe to un-install after rooted.

many thanks!!

8. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    I am too tired to think of an extensive list but off the top of my head I removed:

Mediascape/Timescape
    All Moxier Apps
    All non-english keyboards
    Face Recognition

There are probably more but these will be the main ones you will probably want to remove.

9. joemonkey

joemonkey Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    if you remove Mediascape/Timescape, does it mean you can longer use this apps? i thought Mediascape/Timescape is the selling point for xperia.

10. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    yes, if you remove these you will no longer have them.
    timescape is not that great in my eyes, sure it looks nice but its very limited and slow as hell.
    mediascape, far more useful and i wouldnt personally remove it although you can have a few apps that do the same job.

i also think i read somewhere that you cannot just simply remove timescape without causing issues, i believe some parts of the phone rely on it.
    i could be completely wrong so dont take this to be fact but find out for certain first.

i'm using X10iUser's custom rom which doesnt have timescape but does have mediascape and its far, far faster than the standard phone! (and going by the figures i have seen mines is still slow compared with a lot of X10's out there).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. uchi

uchi Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    i removed timescape cause its just complete garbage and laggy as hell. mediascape i left on because i didnt want to search out another viewer that did all three things mediascape does. although its also been a laggy bitch at times. all foreign keyboards can go, any pre loaded games like bubblepop can go, moxier mail aswell.

12. spikeithard

None

Sep 23, 2010
    Male
    London Ontario Canada
    when removing timescape.. do you only have to un-install timescape (main) or also need to uninstall TS plugin manager? TS provider 1.0.0?... theme blue 1.0??? and all the other colours?

also. whats a good stand in for mediascape? i just uninstalled MS.

and i cant seem to locate where you delete the non-english keyboards?

thanks

13. highaltitude

highaltitude Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 11, 2010
    Get xRecovery and then you can backup and restore and switch between any custom ROMs you want. xRecovery is by far the best thing I have installed on my phone. I have currently 5 ROMs stored on my SDcard. stock and custom. Plus I am running Eternity ROM right now and I got an 826 on Quadrant, so it is running quite fast. The slide bar is modified but still can hang up, but no biggie. Very handy, you can backup your phone exactly the way it is before putting a new ROM, then if need be go right back to what you had. I really suggest looking into xRecovery!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=859571&highlight=xRecovery

14. spikeithard

None

Sep 23, 2010
    Male
    London Ontario Canada
    what i just realized is everything lags! my laptop does. my digital tv does and of course my x10 really does. life lags!