• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why specs aren't everything...S 3 letdowns

gme109

Android Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2010
I've been living with the S3 for not quite a week now,and there a few things that are a bit of a letdown. Number one, signal strength is not as good as my previous phone, an Epic 4G. Parts of town were I only had 1 to 2 bars of service with the Epic, now produce no service with the S3. Number two, screen brightness is not as bright as the Epic 4G. Definitely struggling more to view the screen is direct sunlight. Number three, transferring data to and from my Mac. Yeah there is AirDroid, and I can sometimes use Android file transfer, although its buggy as hell, but neither of these can accomplish all of the things I could do with Mass storage when using my Epic.

I'll need to decide before my 14 days are up, whether or not the S 3 is a keeper or not. Problem is, I already sold my Epic, and I'm not sure there are any other phones that Sprint offers that I want right now.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones