1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why the wait?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RCG, Oct 17, 2020.

1. RCG

RCG Newbie

I (pre)ordered a Pixel 5 from Google on the 15th and was surprised to be given a delivery date of 26-27 Nov.

Are they coming in in dribbles, or selling so fast that even Google can't keep up?

Are they all going to Verizon, Best Buy, etc.?

What is going on?

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Google seems to have had a lot of trouble keeping up with demand this year. I suspect their supply chains may have been heavily impacted by COVID.

(Plus I think the 4a, 4a 5G, and 5 are much more desirable than last year's Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL.)

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

What we don't know is what number Google ordered. There were rumours that their initial order quantities were small, as if they weren't expecting much in the way of sales.

Personally I agree: the 4a's and 5 are a much more attractive proposition to me than last year's 4's.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. RCG

RCG Newbie

There is a figure of 800,000 floating around.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. RCG

RCG Newbie

It arrived on the 21st, and I am very pleased.

It is just like my Pixel 2 except "nicer", and that is the best way I can put it. An absolute delight to use.

The only problem is the broken G-Pay, but I always have my card and Google will supposedly fix it in the Dec update.

Oh, and no gap.

codesplice likes this.

Google Pixel 5 Forum

The Google Pixel 5 release date was 15 October. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 765G processor, and 4080mAh battery.

15 October
Release Date
Reviews