• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why use Beautiful Widgets on Eris?

The main thing I like about it is that there is a 4x1 widget option with the clock and the weather, instead of the big 4x2 that's the stock HTC widget. Leaves another row open on the homepage. You can also set whatever programs you want to open by pressing the widget in different places. (pressing date opens calendar, etc.)

Upvote 0
The main thing I like about it is that there is a 4x1 widget option with the clock and the weather, instead of the big 4x2 that's the stock HTC widget. Leaves another row open on the homepage. You can also set whatever programs you want to open by pressing the widget in different places. (pressing date opens calendar, etc.)

Exactly, that 4x1 widget is perfect! (At least now that weather is updating again).

BW also has Bluetooth, GPS, and WiFi toggles which makes it a good replacement for some Sense things. Not to mention the other launcher's have a customizable Dockbar at the bottom for 4 app icons. Plus, I like the 'fly' 3D effect feature when opening the app drawer.

It's just a good alternative to Sense.

Upvote 0
Some of the skins for Beautiful Widgets and Weather & Toggle Widgets look the exact same as the Sense clock.

The Weather & Toggle widget still looks exactly like the HTC Sense version and BW has a skin that is very close.

Thanks for the tips on these. I actually have both; using Beautiful Widgets now. I suppose it's only the weather animation that is missing from these?

*Edit* Do you by any chance know the name of the skin (off the top of your head) for BW?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tips on these. I actually have both; using Beautiful Widgets now. I suppose it's only the weather animation that is missing from these?

*Edit* Do you by any chance know the name of the skin (off the top of your head) for BW?

Actually BW now has the animation, the only thing I don't like about it is you have to hit the screen twice to do anything. Once to stop the animation and the second to launch your app. Also me being a Droid user I have a problem with it when I set it in the multimedia dock. Setting it into the mulitmedia dock also unlocks the phone so the animation starts and will not stop unless I click on the phone's screen to get it to stop.

Upvote 0

I couldn't find the skin in the Beautiful Widget app, but I downloaded it here:
"Official" Beautiful Widgets Skinning Thread - Page 65 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Also, I like "KeoFlipBook" which is located toward the bottom of the skins in BW.

Reactions: xx_bishop_xx
Upvote 0
Another big reason, is because my Eris has never properly maintained the location for the Weather/Clock widget. Going in and searching for my town was a no-go.

BW has so many skin choices, and searched for (and found) my exact location, and I don't have to depend on an incorrect GPS/triangulation reading.

And frankly, the widgets are beautiful. Hence the name, I guess. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones