• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why were my contacts old on gmail ?

miamiparis

Aug 24, 2011
I had to do a factory reset on my LG Esteem. Then I added my gmail account, so my gmail contacts were imported in my phone. I was happy about it but it wasn't perfect because these contacts were several months old and I didn't have a few new contacts.
I thought that gmail was updating its contacts as soon as a new contact was added in the phone. Am I right ?
If yes, what went wrong in my case ?
I need to know so this won't happen again in the future.

I added a new contact in my phone maybe 2 hours ago, but I still don't see it in my gmail contacts.
If I go to Settings - Accounts & sync settings, "background data" and "Auto-sync" are checked. Then under "Manage accounts", I see: "My Contacts - Sync is OFF" and I see "my gmail email - Sync is ON". If I click on the gmail email, I see below the title "Data & synchronization" that everything is checked, including "Sync contacts".
If I click on "my contacts", I see nothing below the title "Data & synchronization", except the button "Remove account". Should I click on this button ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones