• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why will my usb charger cord no longer work to transfer files from phone to computer?

Are21

Sep 7, 2014
I have a samsung galaxy s8 and I used to be able to transfer my photos etc from the phone to my computer with the charger cord. It has just stopped working (and also tells me that my phone is slow to charge because Im not using the original cord- which I am).
Any advice would be appreciated!

My guess would be some of the pins on the cord got borked, broke, bent or just dirty.
The other thing could be that some dust or dirt got into the charging port of the device. Blow into the port or use some air-in-a-can to blow it out.
If that doesn't work, clean the cord ends with some rubbing alcohol.
If all else fails, try a different cord designed to handle the charging voltages and data transfer. I suggest Anker brand or Tronsmart.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones