• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why won't me phone turn on at all?

colly_bee

Lurker
Mar 3, 2014
Hi! I'm new on this website so I don't really know how to navigate around here..
but I have, obviously, a Kyocera rise. It's not very new, as it was my friend's old phone, and it's pretty scratched up. It's been working perfectly fine over the last few months while I've had it, and I was told it worked great before that as well. Well I have dropped it a bunch of times, but it's always went right back to working normal as soon as I picked it back up. However, this time it's not working at all. At first when I picked it up, the only buttons that would light up were the four navigation buttons at the bottom. I tried putting it on charge, restarting it, taking out and putting back in the battery, and nothing seems to affect it in any way. Now not even those four bottom buttons will light up, and my phone won't do anything. The screen is just completely black and nothing will show up and it doesn't make any sounds. I made a yahoo answers question for it maybe a half hour ago, but I figure all of you might know better seeing as this is a website for androids lol.
I don't have money for a new phone, as I don't have a job yet. I'm sixteen, but I haven't had time to get applications out so for the time being, my mom has been paying for me. My day pretty much relies on my phone because it's my alarm clock, I need it to check the time during school, and it's the only way I can let my dad know when I'm out of school (so he can pick me up because my ankle's broken) and the only way I can get in touch with my mom because I only live with her on the weekends.
Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones