1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why won't my S7 SM-G930V update the firmware?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by IdidntKnowThat, Oct 8, 2018.

?

I have a Verizon Samsung and I use MetroPcs. Everytime I try to update my operating system I get thi

1. I don't know what this space is for.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Most logical.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IdidntKnowThat

I have a Verizon S7 that I use on MetroPcs. Everytime I try to update my software it says Software is temporarily unavailable. Please try later.
    Model#SM-G930V.

Advertisement

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

3. IdidntKnowThat

I went to the website. The instructions weren't able to direct me where I needed to go to

4. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Sorry about that. Clicking on the blue Initial Set up in step one would take you here
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80195/
    Clicking on the blue Windows or Mac, depending on which PC you have, would download the software and USB drivers.
    After program installed it's basically plug and play. It will download the latest available software and flash your device. It can also backup your data and reinstall after the update. Be sure to read the instructions on both links.
    To me, this is a great tool to have for Verizon Samsung phones and easier to use than downloading the firmware and flashing with Odin.

svim and Dannydet like this.
  5. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

6. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

svim and Dannydet like this.
  7. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

I was right about my current post because I have MetroPCS and they are horrible on updating their devices still ( FYI)

bcrichster likes this.
  8. IdidntKnowThat

9. IdidntKnowThat

I do not have the settings on my phone, that the steps that Verizon has on their website

10. IdidntKnowThat

Also, my computer (windows 10) does not recognize my device

11. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Contact Verizon and your carrier.

12. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Ya have to add drivers to Windows for that device and it became a big pain with Win10. Gotta go into uefi and disable driver verification (checkbox).. Then it'll reboot, just install any/all drivers for everything ya need. Cuz when it reboots again, that verification box will be automatically reinstated. Anyways, after ya get the drivers installed ya should have device-PC recognition.

Dannydet and mikedt like this.
  13. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

bcrichster likes this.
  14. IdidntKnowThat

My computer is not recognizing my device and says that it has malfunctioned. I went into the uefi in my computer as bcrichster said to do. I did it 3 times, still not recognizing my device.

15. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

When you connect to your PC, are you changing the USB connection on your phone from Charge Only to MTP?
    Charge Only is the default connection and you have to pull down the drop down menu and tap the USB icon for options.

16. nixonsherrie

nixonsherrie Newbie

Flash your device to update the firmware. Try SP Flash Tool to do the process.

17. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

SP Flash tool is for MediaTek devices.
    For Samsung devices, Odin or Smart Switch. Verizon branded Samsung can also use the Verizon Software Update and Repair tool.

18. IdidntKnowThat

My computer is malfunctioning and not not recognize my device.
    I
    Recogni
    I don't have that option. If I can recall exactly, I have file transfer, software update & I don't recall the 3rd option.

19. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Been awhile since I looked at my old S5 so I forgot that File Transfer has taken the place of MTP.
    Let me know when you have time and I'll try to walk you through step by step either using the Software Update and Repair tool or a manual flash with Odin.

20. IdidntKnowThat

I will let you know when I have time.

Jfalls63 likes this.