1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Why won't this work for Groupwise?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Swamp Ape, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Swamp Ape

Swamp Ape Member

Aug 5, 2010
    So I have read through alot of threads about syncing Groupwise. I found this thread, http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/46086-anybody-using-novell-groupwise-work-email.html that spells it out extremely well, but it is somewhat convoluted.
    I am going to throw this out there and let some more knowledgeable people point out the flaws. Here is the idea:
    I am thinking that I can go into my Groupwise account and set up a rule for "Hit the Road" that will automatically forward my emails to my Yahoo or my Gmail account. When I get these emails on my Samsung Captivate I figure that I can read them and I can respond from my work email address by using the "Manage Identities" tool in the account settings area of the menu. This way my emails are forwarded to me and I can respond and make it look like it comes from my work email rather than my personal email.
    Okay, what am I missing here? fire away.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Muirne

Muirne Active Member

Jul 31, 2010
    If you don't figure it out or if someone else doesn't help you, I might be able to later tomm. We use groupwise at work and I know the guys have it working on a crackberry as well as a iphone, I'm the next guinea pig since I'm the only one with a android based phone.

3. Swamp Ape

Swamp Ape Member

Aug 5, 2010
    I just set it up on both from home and it was fairly easy. It forwards to my Yahoo. the only catch seems to be that I can't reply directly to the sender because it comes to me as a forward. Muirne if you come up with something that works, let me know.