• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why would I - or anyone - buy anything from a sucky MetroPCS store? (And ALL MetroPCS stores suck)

I've been with Metro for 6 - 7+ years, and the employees seem to only get worse. You see boys and girls, my first phone was the Nokia 2270 on Metro's "meh" network. When you went to go pay your bill at the store, there was always some random teenager who didn't know anything more than how to text and operate a cash register, but they where offen polite and would actually TRY to help you with your phone. 2 years later, After I got the LG 2200 and Kyocera K312 is when things started to change. Empolyees started to get more rude and less helpful, and you started to wonder why they even had jobs! Then around 2008 after the Samsung Spex, Kyocera Mako, and Kyocera Melo, is when people started to open "authorized" Metro stores like crazy and fill them with Indians, thugs, and no-life-ahead-of-them-20-somethings. That was when Metro was the worst imo. Then in 2009/2010ish, I got the Kyocera Domino. Metro's employees where at their peak of rudeness. It was so bad, i went to Virgin Mobile's 300 Min 500 Text plan using the Kyocera Jax (Melo variant) and I was happy with buying top up cards at my 7-Eleven and not really dealing with a person to pay my bill. Soon, I couldn't take being limited to 200 Minutes a month, and switched back to Metro late 2010 with the Samsung Messager III. And it seemed that by then the employees were a bitter-sweet mix of when I first joined Metro and the 2008 Metro. A year later, I got the Samsung Admire for Christmas 2011, then for Christmas 2012 I got the LG Motion 4G, and the employees are about the same as they where in 2010, if not worse.

What's the moral of this story? It is a proven fact that (most of) Metro's employees suck, and always will suck. Get used to it America....

Upvote 0
I've been with Metro for 6 - 7+ years, and the employees seem to only get worse. You see boys and girls, my first phone was the Nokia 2270 on Metro's "meh" network. When you went to go pay your bill at the store, there was always some random teenager who didn't know anything more than how to text and operate a cash register, but they where offen polite and would actually TRY to help you with your phone. 2 years later, After I got the LG 2200 and Kyocera K312 is when things started to change. Empolyees started to get more rude and less helpful, and you started to wonder why they even had jobs! Then around 2008 after the Samsung Spex, Kyocera Mako, and Kyocera Melo, is when people started to open "authorized" Metro stores like crazy and fill them with Indians, thugs, and no-life-ahead-of-them-20-somethings. That was when Metro was the worst imo. Then in 2009/2010ish, I got the Kyocera Domino. Metro's employees where at their peak of rudeness. It was so bad, i went to Virgin Mobile's 300 Min 500 Text plan using the Kyocera Jax (Melo variant) and I was happy with buying top up cards at my 7-Eleven and not really dealing with a person to pay my bill. Soon, I couldn't take being limited to 200 Minutes a month, and switched back to Metro late 2010 with the Samsung Messager III. And it seemed that by then the employees were a bitter-sweet mix of when I first joined Metro and the 2008 Metro. A year later, I got the Samsung Admire for Christmas 2011, then for Christmas 2012 I got the LG Motion 4G, and the employees are about the same as they where in 2010, if not worse.

What's the moral of this story? It is a proven fact that (most of) Metro's employees suck, and always will suck. Get used to it America....

all you say it is true.
but i also had att and tmobile and they are the same way....
since they r hourly paid they dont care.. if they were getting tip or something like that it would be very different

Reactions: twogbsd
Upvote 0

I don't know if you can say that its a proven fact. I mean that's be hard to prove and you can't see in the future so yeah. But I can say I've had bad and good experiences with metros employees as well as other carriers.

Upvote 0
all you say it is true.
but i also had att and tmobile and they are the same way....
since they r hourly paid they dont care.. if they were getting tip or something like that it would be very different

My buddy works at ATT and he gets bonus' and commission on top of his salary. So the initiative is there, it's just a matter of if the person wants to do it or not.

Upvote 0
My buddy works at ATT and he gets bonus' and commission on top of his salary. So the initiative is there, it's just a matter of if the person wants to do it or not.

it is a matter of the person and his will to help... but if there is no encouragement or motivation from the store to their personal what u expect.
t-mobile customer service on phone is great, they always trying to help and its not just your phone is broken take it to the store...
but when u go to store sometimes ppl is rude. they want you to go away so they can keep texting on their phones...
att with goPhone has a fair customer service but sometimes i saw they also dont want to help...

and all of them usually are more worry to sell you things or expensive phones or accesories without listening what u really want or need....

Upvote 0
it is a matter of the person and his will to help... but if there is no encouragement or motivation from the store to their personal what u expect.
t-mobile customer service on phone is great, they always trying to help and its not just your phone is broken take it to the store...
but when u go to store sometimes ppl is rude. they want you to go away so they can keep texting on their phones...
att with goPhone has a fair customer service but sometimes i saw they also dont want to help...

and all of them usually are more worry to sell you things or expensive phones or accesories without listening what u really want or need....

I agree. People are lazy. Our Country has involved into a Country where people expect something for nothing. They want to get paid but they dont want to work hard to move up and become a more advanced human. So with this notion imbedded into people, it has encouraged certain people's already pathetic mindsets so that when they do get a job, they are usually worthless and pathetic lazy people. It doesn't help that we have a president that encourages this type of mindset and behavior. People can't change. So if they are lazy at heart they will always be lazy from which will only get lazier when encouraged. It doesn't help when your President tells you it's okay that you dont have job because Im going to give you everything you want. I'm going to take it from the people that have it and spread it out to you. WHY would someone that is pathetic and lazy wanna work when it's all being handed out to them? So IF and that's a big IF, they do get a job they still have this mindset from which will show in their work ethic. This is why you run into assholes and lazy ass people inside the phone store. I'm the type of person that is never satisfied with whatever I'm doing. You can always be better. The human brain is an extremely complex organ that can be filled with information to no end. I look at people and can't understand why they WOULDN'T wanna learn more and be better. How can someone be satisfied with being a piece of ish? It just makes no sense to me. You have 1 life and I can't understand why someone would want to skate by and just be mediocre. Why not push all the boundaries in your life and see what you can do? Be something useful and productive.

Sorry I just ranted and rambled a lot. hahaha.

Upvote 0
I agree. People are lazy. Our Country has involved into a Country where people expect something for nothing. They want to get paid but they dont want to work hard to move up and become a more advanced human. So with this notion imbedded into people, it has encouraged certain people's already pathetic mindsets so that when they do get a job, they are usually worthless and pathetic lazy people. It doesn't help that we have a president that encourages this type of mindset and behavior. People can't change. So if they are lazy at heart they will always be lazy from which will only get lazier when encouraged. It doesn't help when your President tells you it's okay that you dont have job because Im going to give you everything you want. I'm going to take it from the people that have it and spread it out to you. WHY would someone that is pathetic and lazy wanna work when it's all being handed out to them? So IF and that's a big IF, they do get a job they still have this mindset from which will show in their work ethic. This is why you run into assholes and lazy ass people inside the phone store. I'm the type of person that is never satisfied with whatever I'm doing. You can always be better. The human brain is an extremely complex organ that can be filled with information to no end. I look at people and can't understand why they WOULDN'T wanna learn more and be better. How can someone be satisfied with being a piece of ish? It just makes no sense to me. You have 1 life and I can't understand why someone would want to skate by and just be mediocre. Why not push all the boundaries in your life and see what you can do? Be something useful and productive.

+ a metric assload to the power of pi!

Damn Straight Fuzzy!

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Reactions: Fuzzy13
Upvote 0

I had to get 3 phones (out of total 10) from the stores.

I don't think it's entirely true. I have visited quite a few metroPCS stores in New York City. 80% of them were helpful enough. Even that some of them looked like an ex-cons they were nice and quick enough with the task.

The real trigger to my negative experience is buying an accessories from the stores. The feeling is that they have a sign on the accessories corner saying "RIP OFF SECTION". You can buy a case, carrying bag, screen protector from ebay for little over $10, in store it's going to cost at least $30

Now think of it this. Buying a car is a huge emotional hassle. Buying a god damn mattress is probably even bigger hassle now days. Sales people become mean and rude when you get to the money and negotiation part. And it's not because they don't get paid, it's just the way those jobs are.

There are unsatisfied costumers in every business. No company ever satisfied 100% of their clients. It's just does not work and sometimes it's not even companies fault. So i say we have 10% (just off the top of my head) unsatisfied customers coming here and sharing their experiences.

Upvote 0
I had to get 3 phones (out of total 10) from the stores.

I don't think it's entirely true. I have visited quite a few metroPCS stores in New York City. 80% of them were helpful enough. Even that some of them looked like an ex-cons they were nice and quick enough with the task.

The real trigger to my negative experience is buying an accessories from the stores. The feeling is that they have a sign on the accessories corner saying "RIP OFF SECTION". You can buy a case, carrying bag, screen protector from ebay for little over $10, in store it's going to cost at least $30

Now think of it this. Buying a car is a huge emotional hassle. Buying a god damn mattress is probably even bigger hassle now days. Sales people become mean and rude when you get to the money and negotiation part. And it's not because they don't get paid, it's just the way those jobs are.

There are unsatisfied costumers in every business. No company ever satisfied 100% of their clients. It's just does not work and sometimes it's not even companies fault. So i say we have 10% (just off the top of my head) unsatisfied customers coming here and sharing their experiences.

I would say 100% of the stores I've been in were great with customer service. My examples were mainly from an entire aspect not just limited to phone stores. Just using them as an example. Over the past 5 years at my job I've prolly brought in 100 or so temps and I've ended up keeping 2. 2 of them out of 100. I never realized how dumb the human race is until I got to see first hand, large scales of people and how they are in a work environment. Cause how you are in a work environment tells what kind of person you are away from work. Of course there are the exceptions and I make sure to recognize them wherever I go whether it's a waiter or waitress that deserves a great tip or someone that goes out of their way to help you find something inside of a store. Very rarely do I see those things so I try to let people know that it's appreciated and uncommon. Maybe this way we can slowly rebuild the humanity part of the human race.

I'm done :D

Carry on.

Upvote 0
If you really think Metropcs stores are bad, go buy a mattress, or worse, a car. You'll have to deal with the most arrogant, crooked pieces of sh.... you'll ever come across in your life. More or less metropcs stores dont treat you as a money bag and are not trying to lure $1000's out of your pocket.

Here here.

Car salesman are nothing but snake in the grass liars. Especially on used car lots.

Upvote 0
So I went Christmas shopping and passed by a few different MetroPCS stores, including two so-called "corporate stores," one in El Monte and the other on Whitter Blvd in Los Angeles. I went into all the stores, told them I was looking for a Samsung Galaxy S3 and asked them two questions:

1. "Do I have to activate the phone here?"

2. "Can I keep my current $50 plan with the new phone?"

Every store told me told that if I bought the phone, I had to activate the phone in-store and pay $15 for the activation. One particular store person told me it's okay if I did not want to activate the phone in her store, but she wanted me to leave a $50 deposit, which I could get back when I activate the phone in her store. (WTF?!?) Another store person wanted me to pick a new plan and put down the amount for the plan as deposit, then he would use that deposit towards my first month.

Here was the worst part: every store also lied to me. All five stores plus the two "corporate stores" -- they ALL lied. They told me that I had to switch to a new plan if I activated the Samsung Galaxy S3 in their stores, (which was required for them to sell me the phone.) There was no way in hell I was ever giving up my legacy $50 plan, which has all the extra features included for free, (currently most of those features cost extra individually,) and has unlimited 4G usage, (the current $50 has a 2.5G cap.) I knew I could keep my old plan with the new phone because I had already called into MetroPCS and asked about it.

Obviously I did not buy my Samsung Galaxy S3 from any of those deceptive, dishonest snake oil salesman. I bought it online with free shipping, activated it for free over the phone, and got to keep my old legacy $50 plan.

I activated/upgraded my phone by calling into MetroPCS: it's free (no $15 charge), and I got to transfer/keep my legacy $50 plan.

Upvote 0
So I went Christmas shopping and passed by a few different MetroPCS stores, including two so-called "corporate stores," one in El Monte and the other on Whitter Blvd in Los Angeles. I went into all the stores, told them I was looking for a Samsung Galaxy S3 and asked them two questions:

1. "Do I have to activate the phone here?"

2. "Can I keep my current $50 plan with the new phone?"

Every store told me told that if I bought the phone, I had to activate the phone in-store and pay $15 for the activation. One particular store person told me it's okay if I did not want to activate the phone in her store, but she wanted me to leave a $50 deposit, which I could get back when I activate the phone in her store. (WTF?!?) Another store person wanted me to pick a new plan and put down the amount for the plan as deposit, then he would use that deposit towards my first month.

Here was the worst part: every store also lied to me. All five stores plus the two "corporate stores" -- they ALL lied. They told me that I had to switch to a new plan if I activated the Samsung Galaxy S3 in their stores, (which was required for them to sell me the phone.) There was no way in hell I was ever giving up my legacy $50 plan, which has all the extra features included for free, (currently most of those features cost extra individually,) and has unlimited 4G usage, (the current $50 has a 2.5G cap.) I knew I could keep my old plan with the new phone because I had already called into MetroPCS and asked about it.

Obviously I did not buy my Samsung Galaxy S3 from any of those deceptive, dishonest snake oil salesman. I bought it online with free shipping, activated it for free over the phone, and got to keep my old legacy $50 plan.

I activated/upgraded my phone by calling into MetroPCS: it's free (no $15 charge), and I got to transfer/keep my legacy $50 plan.

I'm not buying this, I bought 2 phones from 2 different stores (one was last minute gift for g/f and another one was last minute mom's gift) and both of them told me the same things, no one changed anything on my account. They gladly downgraded one of my lines and I never heard from them after that. So I really don't believe you. It sounds like some bogus story to me.

If you have a $50 unlimited 3g plan, all they wanted to do is to change it to $50 4g plan. And yes if you buy it in store you need to activate it in store.

Upvote 0
If you have a $50 unlimited 3g plan, all they wanted to do is to change it to $50 4g plan. And yes if you buy it in store you need to activate it in store.
I have an unlimited 4G, not 3G, plan. For $50. My plan is not the same $50 plan that is currently available. My $50 plan is no longer available for new MetroPCS customers.

My "legacy" $50 plan is better than the $55, $60 and $70 plans that are currently available. I shall explain why. My $50 plan includes a long list of features: MetroNavigator, Premium 411, Pocket Express, Screen-It, mail@metro, etc., etc., for free. I get all those features for no extra cost. I pay a flat $50 a month, and I get all those features.

Right now, if you want any of those feature with the current $50, $55, $60 or even $70 plan, you have to pay extra for every single individual one of those features: MetroNavigator costs you an additional $3 per month, Premium 411 an additional $2 per month, Pocket Express $1 per month, Sceen-It $2, mail@metro $5, etc., etc.

My $50 plan. It includes everything. All those features. And I pay nothing, nada, atop of the $50 for all those features. In addition: my $50 is unlimited 4G. I know for certain because I called MetroPCS a few times, specifically asked them to check and confirm that my $50 plan has unlimited 4G. They said yes, my plan has unlimited 4G.

The $50 plan that is available now has a 2.5GB limit for 4G usage, and it does not include any extra feature like MetroNavigator, 411, mail@metro, etc. - all those features would cost extra. The $55 plan (which is supposedly a limited-time special) offers unlimited 4G, but it also does not include any cool feature for no extra cost. The current $60 plan has a 5GB limit, but also without any extra-for-free features. The $70 plan is unlimited 4G, without most of my extra features included.

So my $50 is better than your $50, $55, $60 or $70 plan. I really love my MetroPCS plan. :D

Upvote 0
A follow-up to my last message about my awesome $50 plan:

MetroPCS stores and even MetroPCS itsef have been trying to con me into "upgrading" to another plan, like the $55 or $70 plan, by lying and deceiving me. They have been trying to cheat me out of my wonderful $50 plan.

Just about two months ago, I called into MetroPCS to inquire about the Samsung Galaxy S3 for the first time. The MetroPCS rep on the phone tried very hard to persuade me to give up my $50 plan and "upgrade" to the "unlimited 4G" $55 plan. I told him that I thought my plan was already unlimited. The guy lied to me and told me it was not. SO I actually did switch to the $55 plan that day.

I went out later that day. When I tried to start MetroNavigator on my phone, I received a notification saying I no longer had the subscription for MetroNavigator. I freaked out. I immediately rushed back home and looked up the feature list on MetroPCS website. That was when I found out all my previously free features had become paid features.

I called back to MetroPCS and demanded to be switched back to my original $50 plan. Obviously MetroPCS initially refused to switch me back to the play-less-and-get-more plan. I had to go all the way to the manager... but I had a secret weapon.

In addition to writing down the name and number of the person who sold me the inferior $55 plan, I recorded our entire phone call on my phone. (I actually recorded all of my phone calls whenever I called into corporations; I learned that from being involved in lawsuits against a couple companies. You can't trust corporations.) During my previous call, I specifically asked the rep if my $50 had unlimited 4G, thrice. He lied all three times. When I played the recording for the manager and pointed out that the rep had repeatedly lied and misled me, the manager agreed to let me have my old $50 plan back.

(The moral of the story: always record your phone calls whenever you speak to a corporation. Corporations are people, my friend; very, very bad people)

Anyway. So before I bought the Samsung Galaxy S3, I had already called in over and over again to confirm that I could keep my old $50 plan. When I entered the MetroPCS stores to inquired about the phone, I asked if I could keep my old plan.

when I called into MetroPCS on December 31 to activate/upgrade my new phone, (I was not able to do it online to keep my old plan,) the first activation rep tried to cheat me out of my $50 plan again. He told me that I could not keep my old plan and had to pick a new plan. I was soooo mad. I told him the other reps had told me differently. He said the other reps had made a mistake. I told him (literally): "Phuck you, you are not being helpful," and hang up the phone.

I called back immediately and spoke to another rep. I got smarter. I pretended that I was still thinking about buying and upgrading to the new Samsung Galaxy S3. I said I just wanted to know if I would be able to keep my current plan if I buy the new phone. Of course the rep said yes. I asked again, telling him about the specifics of my $50 plan. I wanted him to absolutely confirmed that I would be able to keep my old plan. He affirmatively confirmed that I would be able to keep my $50 plan

That was when I said, "oh, in that case... I already have the new Samsung Galaxy S3 here. I want to activate it now." Obviously he had no choice but to keep his words and let me keep my old plan with the upgrade activation. ;)

So MetroPCS call centers sucked as well. However, I have more tools and leverage at my disposal when the call centers play games with me. When I was in a MetroPCS store, it would be difficult for me to set the store reps straight, i.e., it would be difficult for me to record or cross-check the store rep's lies, etc.

Upvote 0
In addition to writing down the name and number of the person who sold me the inferior $55 plan, I recorded our entire phone call on my phone. (I actually recorded all of my phone calls whenever I called into corporations; I learned that from being involved in lawsuits against a couple companies. You can't trust corporations.) During my previous call, I specifically asked the rep if my $50 had unlimited 4G, thrice. He lied all three times. When I played the recording for the manager and pointed out that the rep had repeatedly lied and misled me, the manager agreed to let me have my old $50 plan back.

(The moral of the story: always record your phone calls whenever you speak to a corporation. Corporations are people, my friend; very, very bad people)

I hate to have to agree with you but at least for cell companies when talking about your account and your money, I have to agree.

ESPECIALLY if your poor a** is doing battle with a carrier for re-uping. :rolleyes: Since there is no verifiable trail of what they tell you over the phone they will SAY ANYTHING! to get you to re-up then if they say later, "Oh No, that's not what we said", you have NO evidence to back up your side.

Verizon found this out the hard way last time I re-uped. I had a girl promise me the world to get me to re-up (Like just to start a $400 credit to my account) then they tried to reneg on the deal. That was until I sent them the MP3 files of the phonecon and said, I don't think so Tim. Your people said it, now you're going to Do It.

You need to do a quick check on the taping laws in your state, in Fla. for a phone conversation you have to give notice you are taping, just like THEY give you. (You can almost hear the rep get knocked back a step when they hear YOU telling Them they're being taped.) OTOH, with the Mighty Motion, recording the call takes 3 button hits, phone/speaker and voice record/start. :D

It's sad that you have to do battle like this with a carrier but they sure aren't watching out for you, no one else will do That For You but you.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Theres a loop-hole here you do have unlimted 4g data to a certain point but what you guys failed to read was the fine prints states any abnormal data use will result in being throttled. now i know you guys going to say well thats not unlimted then and you guys are right but what metro didnt state is in what time frame are we unlimted? so if in a month ive used 10gb and they dont fuss with me but in one week i used 5 gb and they hassle me for it makes me believe they dont care about how much we use in a month but they worry about how much we use in a short time period. anyways bottom line im with ya on this i believe unlimted should mean unlimted regardless how much you use in a short time period.

Upvote 0
A follow-up to my last message about my awesome $50 plan:
I called back to MetroPCS and demanded to be switched back to my original $50 plan. Obviously MetroPCS initially refused to switch me back to the play-less-and-get-more plan. I had to go all the way to the manager... but I had a secret weapon.

Well, that's just the way business works. You can not keep your old plan if you get a new phone, unless you go the road you went. I'd have to say, good job on keeping your old plan, I really admire people who value their money, but I think they did it, not because they want to honor the plan, they just wanted to honor you as a customer. It's still rather better for Metro to keep you as a customer even if you pay a little bit less.

People might be surprised how much money you can save if you have balls to call the companies and demand a better server or better price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones