• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

why would they leave 4g support out of the inc2?

VZW are overtly taking advantage of their coverage map. They know that At&t and Tmo coverage maps suck for a lot of folks, so why push premium devices if they do not have to?

Such is life. Mobile Phones:Coverage, Features, Cost - Pick two.

I don't blame Verizon for doing so, it will probably work out pretty well financially. I think coverage is just as important as hardware specs are to the phone.

I don't like the price of their two current LTE phones either, I get your sentiment. But I don't don't necessarily think the Inc 2 is a mid-tier phone. To me it's very similar to the Thunderbolt sans 4G. I don't plan on getting 4G for about 18 months so having that 4G chip would be useless to me.

Upvote 0
Such is life. Mobile Phones:Coverage, Features, Cost - Pick two.

I don't blame Verizon for doing so, it will probably work out pretty well financially. I think coverage is just as important as hardware specs are to the phone.

I don't like the price of their two current LTE phones either, I get your sentiment. But I don't don't necessarily think the Inc 2 is a mid-tier phone. To me it's very similar to the Thunderbolt sans 4G. I don't plan on getting 4G for about 18 months so having that 4G chip would be useless to me.

I think VZW are milking it with these devices in part because they are tapped out of resources (monetarily and staff) due to their deal with the devil (Apple).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones