• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Why you shouldn't root your phone

MrClean, thanks for answer the my question!!!!. I don't have any issue with the phone just the battery life is kind of weak imho. I charge every day before going to sleep 11PM, by morning it is already down to 90 and sometimes around 80ish. Not sure if that normal for battery. This is the main reason I want to see if rooting my phone would be good to gain more battery life.

I did a test last night, I charged it upto 100% at about 9 and went to bed.

Got up at 7am and it was still on 100% charge.

You should see what apps you have running in the background.

Do you have any sort of net connection active over night? Disabling that will help because you won't get updates while your asleep. (Whats the point if your asleep anyway? Do it in the morning.)

I'm using an app called Autokiller which is awesome, closes stuff in the background that's not being used and i'm sure this has helped with my battery life no end, but you need a rooted phone.

Upvote 0
I did a test last night, I charged it upto 100% at about 9 and went to bed.

Got up at 7am and it was still on 100% charge.
I wish my would stay be at 100% even at 95% would be OK.

You should see what apps you have running in the background.
Do you have any sort of net connection active over night? Disabling that will help because you won't get updates while your asleep.
The only thing that I have enable with Mobile Connection at night . For text message as I'm oncall person for my work. All other update is set for manual at this point. One thing I did is I removed VizBattery Widget last night and my battery was at 81% before going to sleep and in the morning I saw it was at 76%. On Spare part battery history for peak wake usage, I see Android system on top and it total is 2 hr and 21 minutes. Is that good? Not sure what am I suppose to see. All other usage under that is less than 5 mins total usage. I will try to disable Mobile connection tonight to see if it helps.
Thanks for your response...

Upvote 0
I've been pretty active on another thread about battery life (http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc...ro-battery-life-thread-tips-discussion-4.html). You can read the ins and outs there but my short list for saving battery include.

1) Remove all task killer and battery software
2) Turn off GPS/Wireless/GPRS when you're not using them
3) Don't install or update any software for a day.

Seriously this last step is crucial. Android is a pretty smart OS and once an application has been installed for 24 hours or so it figures out how often it needs to use it and will reduce the resources given to it appropriately.

4)Make sure you're battery is fully charged (green light) before you unplug.

If you still experience problems try using spare parts to find out which application is keeping the phone awake.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones