• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why you won't exchange your Inc to get an X

1. TOO BIG, yes it is sorta nice but is slightly wider and longer then the EVO which was pushing my one handed typing skills. it is slimmer than the EVO but note in a comfortable way.

2. Hard touch Buttons look cheap and feel cheap on the display model that a verizon employee let me play with the other day. I will keep my capacitive buttons although I did like the EVO's buttons alittle better. The X does have one big redeeming factor to its buttons and it is the insta camera button.

3. Until Froyo *2.2 (Frozen Yogurt, whatever and etc..) the 8GB NAND gives me alot more app space then both Droid X and EVO.

4. Speed the INC just feels sleeker in its usage with exceptions to the dialer which I have swapped for something else. In the world of anDroid the phrase there is an app for that has never been truer.

5. 8GB internal memory plus the microSD which means two things for now and later 1) NOW you have alot more app space and 2) Later you can have more total memory then the Droids or the EVO as 8+XX will always be more then XX+0.

The EVO was returned by the way to keep the INcredible as I got both and planned to keep the better phone. They were both great phones but in the end the incredible had better overall user experience which was a tough win considering the EVO is definitely amazing in the screen department.

You do realize that the droid x comes with 8gb of internal AND a 16gb microSd preinstalled, which you can expand to 32 for a total of 40gb. So it comes with more memory and can expand to the same max amount as the incredible.

Upvote 0
I've got nothing against the Droid X. I think that it's a great phone that is in many ways better than the Incredible. There will always be something better on the horizon, though. That's how the tech world works.

The Incredible is more than good enough for my current needs and will probably be good enough for the next two years. If I feel like I need to upgrade early, I will. Otherwise, when my renew every two arrives, I'll get the Newest Bestest Thing.

Upvote 0
It felt cheap and offered nothing the Incredible doesn't.

That and HTC seems to be making the best android devices. The Moto Droid just feels empty without Sense UI, I have a feeling the DX will feel lacking aswell.

It offers several things the incredible doesn't. A bigger screen, higher resolution, hdmi out, more storage right out of the box, DLNA... Maybe it offers nothing that the incredible doesn't to YOU, but it does offer plenty that the incredible doesn't. These are facts and they're indisputable.

It's a shame that you can hate on something so much that you have to resort to flat out lying to make yourself feel better.

I'm probably getting the droid x but even I'm willing to admit that there are some things that the incredible just does better.

Upvote 0
It offers several things the incredible doesn't. A bigger screen, higher resolution, hdmi out, more storage right out of the box, DLNA... Maybe it offers nothing that the incredible doesn't to YOU, but it does offer plenty that the incredible doesn't. These are facts and they're indisputable.

It's a shame that you can hate on something so much that you have to resort to flat out lying to make yourself feel better.

I'm probably getting the droid x but even I'm willing to admit that there are some things that the incredible just does better.

I meant for my sake. I don't want a huge screen, I have absolutely no use to record 720p video, nor hook my phone up to a television.

I appreciate your high and mighty attitude, but its not a game changing phone. I've spent over 30 hours with the Droid X for training and had the choice for a free upgrade to it if I wished. In every aspect, I liked my Incredible better.

But you seem to know what you are talking about, I mean, its easy to know everything from a phone you have yet to adequately test yet.

Upvote 0

Good grief, who peed in your corn flakes this morning?

I am sure that he meant "doesn't effect me". I seriously doubt he was "flat out lying", that's quite a jump. You don't have to jump down someone's throat for having an opinion.

Why are people so damn defensive over a phone that isn't even out yet anyway? Hell... why are people so damn defensive over a phone period? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I meant for my sake. I don't want a huge screen, I have absolutely no use to record 720p video, nor hook my phone up to a television.

I appreciate your high and mighty attitude, but its not a game changing phone. I've spent over 30 hours with the Droid X for training and had the choice for a free upgrade to it if I wished. In every aspect, I liked my Incredible better.

But you seem to know what you are talking about, I mean, its easy to know everything from a phone you have yet to adequately test yet.

Then that's what you should have said. And please don't put word in my mouth. Did I say it was a game changing phone? All I did was spew some facts about what the droid x does that the incredible doesn't to clarify a blanket statement you made.

Upvote 0
I'm in a strange situation..i love my incredible...but my daughter was is ready for an upgrade on her line...she wants the incredible too, but there is a 30 day wait thru verizon....so she was going to get the blackberry bold.

I told her to wait a couple weeks to get the Droid X ....but she thinks thats too big for her....

so then at the exact same time we decided that she would try my incredible for a a week or so and i would research the Droid X for myself. My friend has a sprint EVO..so i know the footprint of what the droid X will bet...that doesn't worry me too much....but if the screen of the droid X will be as crappy as the EVO that would not work for me...

And heres the dumb question of the week....what will i give up if i lose the Sense??? Just the basic "look" of the Incredible?

Upvote 0
Then that's what you should have said. And please don't put word in my mouth. Did I say it was a game changing phone? All I did was spew some facts about what the droid x does that the incredible doesn't to clarify a blanket statement you made.

WOW!
Why so angry?
You're getting quite harsh with someone expressing their opinion!
They didn't insult you, just their thoughts on a phone.

The title of the thread is Why you won't exchange your Inc to get an X!
I don't think anyone thought Quintessence was stating anything as Fact either!

Its up to you, but I think you will find most people willing to discuss things positively if you treat them a little better! :cool:

Upvote 0
I'm in a strange situation..i love my incredible...but my daughter was is ready for an upgrade on her line...she wants the incredible too, but there is a 30 day wait thru verizon....so she was going to get the blackberry bold.

I told her to wait a couple weeks to get the Droid X ....but she thinks thats too big for her....

so then at the exact same time we decided that she would try my incredible for a a week or so and i would research the Droid X for myself. My friend has a sprint EVO..so i know the footprint of what the droid X will bet...that doesn't worry me too much....but if the screen of the droid X will be as crappy as the EVO that would not work for me...

And heres the dumb question of the week....what will i give up if i lose the Sense??? Just the basic "look" of the Incredible?

Hmm tough to answer about Sense as I think this is more a "preference" feature than anything else.

Of course by giving up Sense, you give up the widget aspect of it. Personally I am running LauncherPro on my Inc and I use Beautiful Widgets so I get a "Sense'y" feel to a degree.

I also don't think the X will have a crappy screen. Motorola (minus the Razr) has made some pretty solid devices.

If you want the opinion of a loyal Incredible owner, from what we know I DON'T think you can go wrong with the X provided you're ok with the size and no Sense!

Upvote 0
If you keep chasing after the next great phone you will be buying a new phone every month or two. I think this especially pointless when LTE phones are on the horizon. Unless something goes wrong with my Incredible my next phone will be a 4G phone.

The thing is the X is not the next great phone, sure it offers some new feautures, Does it blow the Inc away? Heck no! They are all in the same area with one maybe etching out the other by so little.

If it was a mind boggling phone the X with technology that no other phone has and was way faster then the incredible then I guess there would be a reason to switch...

HTC SENSE for Blur? GTFO!!! LMAO!

My Incredible is so fast people always ask how come it switches menus and programs so fast.. lool

Upvote 0
Why?

Because I am a mature adult whose self worth is not determined by consumer decisions but in real relationships and accomplishments. I am stunned again and again by the emotional attachment and response that gadget purchases generate.

You didn't invent it, engineer it or build it. You simply purchased it.

Then why do you even have an account on this forum site? This site is for people that have a passion for the Android operating system, Android phones, and Android applications. If you have no passion for these phones then whats the point of writing this?

Reactions: Mezmryz03
Upvote 0
Then why do you even have an account on this forum site? This site is for people that have a passion for the Android operating system, Android phones, and Android applications. If you have no passion for these phones then whats the point of writing this?

Apparently my comment has hit too close to home for some. Sorry if I offended or gored anyone's ox with what I said.

To answer your question, I have an account here so that I can participate. I don't recall any "passion" requirements when I enrolled. I've been a techie and a gadget guy since many of the participants here were crapping in diapers, but I'm not emotionally attached to a consumer choice that I made. I also roll my eyes at the battles waged by fans of Apple/Microsoft, Ford/Chevy/Mopar and such.

I'm not considering swapping out my Inc for the flavor of the month. My next phone will be an LTE handset.

Upvote 0
i don't see any reason to upgrade from the incredible unless the new phone is 1) significantly faster, 2) offers a front facing camera or 3) has a significantly better (higher resolution) screen. droid x offers none of those things.

also, it's a small detail but i think i've got problems in my old age with physical face buttons. there's the wear and tear on the switches, and i'd constantly worry about dust/debris getting in there

Upvote 0
I ain't paying $600 bucks for a phone that will be old news in a few months. I am with VZW anyways, so might as well wait and get a discounted device. Also, I would rather not have another LCD display. Too used to the more vibrant color and contrast of AMOLED.

Waiting this time next year and get an LTE device with 4" super amoled, 32gb built in and dual core 45nm chipset. Inc will be a nice device until then. I got along with the G1 longer than that.

"Beer", it's what's for dinner.

Upvote 0
Why not switch? Simple -- $$$$. I bought the DInc outright after dropping my Omnia in the water, as its buttons no longer worked. And I'm happy with it (though 3rd-party app software quality could improve).

I don't expect to get another phone until 4G blankets this great country of ours. Hopefully I can hang onto my DInc, and it will continue to work, until then.

Reactions: shred1
Upvote 0
Apparently my comment has hit too close to home for some. Sorry if I offended or gored anyone's ox with what I said.

To answer your question, I have an account here so that I can participate. I don't recall any "passion" requirements when I enrolled. I've been a techie and a gadget guy since many of the participants here were crapping in diapers, but I'm not emotionally attached to a consumer choice that I made. I also roll my eyes at the battles waged by fans of Apple/Microsoft, Ford/Chevy/Mopar and such.

You don't seem sorry to me. More like presumptuous and a little arrogant. All of your comments have had a dash of "I'm better than you" in them, so you can understand the ruffled feathers. Maybe toning down the judgment would help convey your message more clearly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones