• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
every piece of software you come across claims to be user friendly...... BULL $%^#.
I think part of the issue is that there are several categories of users out there, from newbies to power users. There's usually no way for a dev to know which categories their user base will include so they try to make an app as friendly as they can to as many users as possible. Kinda like a restaurant, you can't make food taste the best to everyone all the time.

Most devs are power users and their idea of "user-friendly" may be different from the definition others would have in mind. This is where user feedback becomes a vital tool to a developer.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I think part of the issue is that there are several categories of users out there, from newbies to power users. There's usually no way for a dev to know which categories their user base will include so they try to make an app as friendly as they can to as many users as possible. Kinda like a restaurant, you can't make food taste the best to everyone all the time.

Most devs are power users and their idea of "user-friendly" may be different from the definition others would have in mind. This is where user feedback becomes a vital tool to a developer.

= perfect response.

Reactions: ardchoille
Upvote 0

Congrats on becoming a Guide! When did that happen?

Reactions: ardchoille
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones