1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Why?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by odock, Jan 12, 2012.

1. odock

odock Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Why is the Rezound not getting the attention it deserves? IMO it is the best phone on the market period right now... I had the rezound for a month then jumped ship to the nexus for a month then came back to the rezound just a couple days ago. There are parts of the Nexus I miss (super amoled, ICS) but even the rezound LCD screen is fantastic and with the pixel density beeing higher then any phone out there (except maybe the iphone?) it is just beautiful. So i guess i just dont understand why it feels like this phone is beein ignored. Does anybody share my feelings?

Advertisement

2. schimm

schimm Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 1, 2010
    It is because......the Rezound is for the enlightened. Enlightened ones always tend to be in the minority. :)

3. maximus20895

maximus20895 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 25, 2011
    It has a better pixel density than the iPhone as well.

Because the only advertise the phone with Beats for some reason and apparently ICS is more important than better hardware.

The Razr was highly advertise as if VZW was getting a bigger cut out of it and then Nexus came and people were all I love Icecream so the Rezound got ignored.

I still think it's better than both of them.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Yes indeed. The Rezound (a strange name anyway ;)) started right of competing with the RAZR and GNex for eyeball time by the purchasing public. It seems to be better than both, which is ironic.

I'm wondering if the profit margin is higher on those others, thus the big push to maximize sales of them.

5. mgdeftones

mgdeftones Member
    None

Nov 16, 2011
    Livermore, CA
    HTC's moto is quietly brilliant...

6. odock

odock Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    It's is crazy to me that this good of a phone can fly under the radar. Im glad yall are here and that this phone seems to have awesome developer support for ROM's so far. Although i havnt taken the leap to root yet, I plan to, just want to get really bored with the stock version of it first before i take that leap!

7. odock

odock Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Oh and I forgot to mention the camera! Holy crap it shoots WAY better pictures then the Nexus dont let the 5 megapixels doesnt matter BS fool you! It may not matter to some but i have 3 little squirts runnin around and im always snappin off pictures! Is there a better phone camera available right now? I think not (i hear iphone 4s is pretty damn good too though).

8. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    SoCal
    Lol, cracks me up that the blind keep making excuses for the sub par device. Like MP doesn't matter or their will be an update to fix the crap signal. At first I felt bad but now is just comedy. I don't care for Samsung phones so the nexus wasn't even on my radar but had it been, I would have been honest about it's shortcomings and moved on to a better phone.

I still haven't seen a single TV add for this phone, saw two of the same commercial for the nexus but a gazillion for the razr. I'm guessing that's the phone that gets people into the stores, like a "halo" car gets people on the lots even though the vast majority buy a less expensive model.

Just to be clear, I'm no fanboi, this is my first HTC and if it was crap I'd be the first to admit it. I always had good luck with Motorola, from pagers, to phones to my Droid x. I just didn't like how the razr felt in hand and the rezound has better specs.

Each to their own.

9. sdsubasketball

sdsubasketball Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I wish there was a bigger community like the Galaxy Nexus. The nexus forum has over a 100,000 posts, while this one is around 11,000+ and the Nexus came out about month later. Maybe the community will grow after a while?

10. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I'll take quality over quantity any day. You will have to admit that though our numbers are small in comparison, we are a very friendly helpful lot. I'm proud to be a part of the ReZound community. I know if I have a question or a problem I can count on the good people here to offer up a quality response. What more could a user ask for?

jroc likes this.
  11. leroybrute

leroybrute Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2011
    whatever they let me do
    wherever I can
    Just because the community is bigger does'nt make it better. Have you all read half the nonsense over there.

Besides if you bought a Corvette would you want all your neighbors and friends to own one...?

evetskirk likes this.
  12. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2010
    Male
    San Diego, CA
  13. nynvolt

None

Aug 17, 2010
    SoCal
    Wow, glad I didn't see those commercials, I wouldn't have even considered this phone if I had lol.

14. Blackthanos

Blackthanos Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2011
    Umm...that second commercial is just....umm..wow. It can't be an authentic Verizon or HTC commercial.

15. odock

odock Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    ROFL wow that second one still has me rollin on the floor WOW yeah definitely not your typical verizon commercial HAHA.

16. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    The person that decided what demographic to market this phone towards needs to be fired.

17. elitegamer

None

Jun 18, 2011
    Why ? the phone never was ment be the top top of the line of a phone period. Nexus/ razr was they are clearly the best 2 on market nexus being the first true android phone to date on vzw.

Another reason why rezound is not people want a experience like iphone and on android only the nexus line can give you that. Nexus is selling like hotcakes for reason its the best android out atm.

nynvolt likes this.
  18. leroybrute

leroybrute Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2011
    whatever they let me do
    wherever I can

lol

19. Kane5581

Kane5581 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Is the best ever the most popular? In anything? Its getting to the point where you can almost rely on what is most popular to decide what not to do.

20. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None

Phone plagued by signal issues >< best phone.

They appear to have marketed the Rezound to the urban hip hop crowd based on those two commercials. The phone deserves a bigger audience than just the "Oooh, Dre Beats!" crowd.

21. maximus20895

maximus20895 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 25, 2011
    Yea, I got annoyed how as soon as I say I have the Rezound they think of Beats. I don't really care it has beats..its' just better than the RAZR and GN.

22. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2010
    Male
    San Diego, CA
    Wtf? Thought this was a joke!

Anywho... Yeah, the second one is obviously just an edit of the vzw vid that i figured everyone had seen.

23. nynvolt

None

Aug 17, 2010
    SoCal
    See, comedy. Good stuff!

24. daffy113

daffy113 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    i agree its such a great phone and there was no buzz about it. I only heard about it because I thought about getting the bionic and my nerd friend told me hell no to either get the Rezound or Nexus and I fell in love hard with the Rezound.

25. jbird720

jbird720 Member
    None

Dec 21, 2011
    Definitely over the Nexus hype.
    The rezound surpasses the nexus in overall userbility.
    sure the nexus has ICS, but soon it'll be a standard. The boys on the nexus forum are still hoping and dreaming of an update to fix their new phones.
    Thought about posting a link to the Thunderbolt forum so they can get a glimpse of their future.

Tags: