• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root why.....

The Connect is one of three phones based off of the LG Cayman AS840:

LG VS840 Lucid - Has CM10 out

LG LS840 Viper - Has an unofficial CM9 port that doesn't work, don't think it even boots up, and it looks abandoned.

LG MS840 Connect - CM10 based off of Lucid build.

If CM7 existed for any of the Cayman phones it could be probably be ported. The Viper CM9 could be a possibility, just need somebody to play around with it.

AS840 is in archived devices here and doesn't look to have any development whatsoever. I do have AS840 firmware on my computer tho LOL...

Upvote 0
The Connect is one of three phones based off of the LG Cayman AS840:

LG VS840 Lucid - Has CM10 out

LG LS840 Viper - Has an unofficial CM9 port that doesn't work, don't think it even boots up, and it looks abandoned.

LG MS840 Connect - CM10 based off of Lucid build.

If CM7 existed for any of the Cayman phones it could be probably be ported. The Viper CM9 could be a possibility, just need somebody to play around with it.

AS840 is in archived devices here and doesn't look to have any development whatsoever. I do have AS840 firmware on my computer tho LOL...

Id love to be that young kid deving roms for unheard of phones but gotta find people who are willing to teach me like over Skype or phone calls but no luck i also might need a good computer xD so i have lots of things to look forward to in my life

Upvote 0
You can learn a lot about Linux and Android with just a crappy computer and Google search. When you start compiling stuff then yeah you need a better system for that.

I've learned a lot with AF and XDA sites alone. Google also has many of its own sites where you can learn all kinds of Android and Linux, as well as SDK/Eclipse to play around with.

Some community colleges offer computer courses as well. I would do it, but I got a wife, kids and a full time job already. Not enough hours in a day for me :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones