1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Wi Fi cnanot connect !!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dartanian, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Dartanian

Dartanian Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Hi.
    I have a Motorola BACKFLIP with Android 2.1 .
    I cannot find any Wi-Fi Access point (with and without security) till to set the Static IP and add the Wi-Fi, and after that must be try turn off and on for 3 or 4 time for connecting but just connected, they can

Advertisement

2. marvin02

marvin02 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Try connecting without using static IP unless you are sure that the router you are connecting to does not support DHCP. A public network like an AT&T hot spot (at every McDonalds in my area) will assign your phone an IP address automatically using DHCP.

Under Menu->Settings->Wireless & network settings->Wi-Fi settings->Menu (again)->Advanced

Make sure that Enable auto IP and Use static IP are not checked.

3. Dartanian

Dartanian Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Dear Marvin,
    I am sure our access point is router and gives the IP address automatically (DHCP).
    But our phone cannot find any router without static IP; you must be set the static IP then maybe find the AP.
    Thanks

4. Dartanian

Dartanian Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Hi
    I leave in Iran ,I ask from phone seller about this problem ,they sad me this problem is with our phone network (MTN Irancell and Hmarah Aval are our phone network).
    I don

5. marvin02

marvin02 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    The Backflip (US version) only supports WiFi channels 1-11. I know that outside the Us channels 12 and 13 are available. Have you checked this?