• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi-Fi connected but does not download

awgz17

Apr 7, 2011
My phone (Cricket Huawei Ascend Android 2.1) will connect to the Wi-Fi network but when I open an app like YouTube I receive the error "There is no network connection right now." If I try downloading an app from the market the download will start but then it pauses itself and wont ever finish downloading, not even one percent of it. But when I connect to my brother's Wi-Fi in his home it works just fine. Even weirder is that it used to work months ago and now all of a sudden it doesn't

My phone (Cricket Huawei Ascend Android 2.1) will connect to the Wi-Fi network but when I open an app like YouTube I receive the error "There is no network connection right now." If I try downloading an app from the market the download will start but then it pauses itself and wont ever finish downloading, not even one percent of it. But when I connect to my brother's Wi-Fi in his home it works just fine. Even weirder is that it used to work months ago and now all of a sudden it doesn't
Sounds like the problem may be with your router-try resetting it.:)

Upvote 0
I unplugged the router and back in and my phone still acts the same
Sorry awgz17 I should have been clearer-if possible totally reset the router.
Most have a reset button in the back of the router(very small-usually need a paperclip end to fit in there to reset it).
If that doesn't fix the problem reset the router using the setup disk it came with(like the day it was first setup).
If the above is an option for you(your router).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones