1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wi-fi connection drops when phone sleeps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GingerOverlord, Nov 10, 2020.

1. GingerOverlord

Hi All,

New here, please be gentle.

I have a Galaxy A8 (2018) and the wi-fi connection appears to be dropping whenever the phone goes to sleep. I have tried to look for my wi-fi connection setting on the phone to try and stop this from happening but there doesn't appear to be a setting for it. How do I make sure that the connection is not cut whenever my phone sleeps?

Thanks for your eye-time.

GingerOverlord.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

Go to
    Settings
    connections
    Wifi
    Three dots - advanced
    Wifi control history

Does that give any clue as to what is turning it off?

MrJavi likes this.
  3. GingerOverlord

Hi girolez,

OK, I've seen that and there were two reports but nothing from the day that the wi-fi stopped working. This gives me a start anyway, if it happens again I'll remember to check this first to see what is turning off the wi-fi when it sleeps.

Thanks.

GingerOverlord

MrJavi likes this.
  4. Brack Nelson

Brack Nelson Lurker

If your wifi connection drops while you don't use it. You can fix it just reset your wifi password and connect it again. If still it dont fix it, contact your phone service centre.

5. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

It may very well be due to Samsungs battery optimization settings. Optimization is turned on by default

Doze Mode=

starts when the device is stationary and not charging and the screen is off.prevents the device from syncing and accessing the network, Wi-Fi from scanning, etc.

Galaxy A8(2018) Forum

The Galaxy A8(2018) release date was January 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.6" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 7885 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

January 2018
Release Date
Reviews