• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi-Fi connection problems

e888boo

Lurker
Aug 9, 2011
Hi

I am a bit new to the Android thing so please bear with me!

I got my Flytouch 3 yesterday so booted it up connected to my wi-fi no problems, anyway later on went to reconnect and it gets as far as 'obtaining IP address' then gives up and disconnects, it will however connect if i disable the security on my network which is WPA/PSK.

Everything else on my network works fine, my Macbook, iPhone, PS3, NAS, Wii, but not the Flytouch now.

Please help as It's driving me insane!:)

Thanks

Jim

Hi

I am a bit new to the Android thing so please bear with me!

I got my Flytouch 3 yesterday so booted it up connected to my wi-fi no problems, anyway later on went to reconnect and it gets as far as 'obtaining IP address' then gives up and disconnects, it will however connect if i disable the security on my network which is WPA/PSK.

Everything else on my network works fine, my Macbook, iPhone, PS3, NAS, Wii, but not the Flytouch now.

Please help as It's driving me insane!:)

Thanks

Jim

Do you have the model number? It helps with giving you some direction.

Generically I would say go into settings under wifi and tell it to forget your router, turn your wifi off and reboot the pad. Then power back up, enable the wifi again and let it detect your router. Make sure you choose the remember box when you put in the password.

Reactions: e888boo
Upvote 0
Hi

Thanks for helping...

Pad info...

Model - DISCO10
Android Version- 2.2-20110529
Kernel - 2.6.32.9
Build - FRF85B

Have Tim's 5a ROM installed and pad is rooted now, although it's still having the same problems as before Tim's 5a.

Router info...

ISP - Sky
Router - Sagem F@ST 2504

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
Ok so you tried flashing. Did you try the steps I mentioned above? You could also try flashing another ROM like Tim's 4e.

This is from tims tips you might try
Connecting to adhoc wifi network
The rom includes a driver for adhoc support, but it's not turned on by default, because while it works for most network it has been reported that it can not connect to certain type of other wifi networks (PEAP)

You can switch back and forth between the drivers through the dedicated GScripts:
click on the corresponding GScript to switch to the Ad-hoc, original rom wifi driver ( that one is the default when you boot)
If it doesn't seem to work, reboot or try this application

Upvote 0
Hi

Yeah I tried the original suggestions, and the Tim tips and the Adhoc Switcher which all didn't work unfortunately.

Is Tim's 4e much different in respect of the wifi stuff?

Thanks again.

You'd have to look at the changelogs on each. I am just suggesting and alternative to try. Some people online say the networking is better on 4e. You could even try reflashing Tim's 5a.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones