• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi-Fi issues driving me insane!

Valkyrith

Lurker
Aug 25, 2013
I was just given a Prism, that's what it seemingly is, and haven't had a chance to go get it on a network yet, but I seem to be having a MAJOR issue with the Wi-Fi. I can't get it connected. At all. I activate Wi-Fi, it stays on for 10-15 seconds, doesn't seem to pick up my home Wi-Fi, disables itself, and acts as though nothing ever happens. In the short window of time, if I manually input my SSID, it says the network cannot be saved.
This is the first Android phone I've ever owned, and thus far, the experience isn't a pleasant one.
Can anyone shed any light on this issue or lead me in the right direction? As is, I'm at a complete loss, and I'm just about ready to throw in the towel.

:EDIT:
I've come across something kinda new. When I manually select for the phone to scan for networks, it instantly turns off the wifi, so I think it has something to do with that.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones