1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Wi-fi issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rockerguy, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Rockerguy

Rockerguy Lurker

I got my phone about a week ago just before i flew out on hloiday. While i was out there i had no problems with wifi at all.
    However i've not been able to connect to my wireless router. i have a zoom x6 wireless modem and don't have any issues connecting to it from my laptop, netbook or PS3.
    In the wifi settings when i try to connect it says connecting... then disconnected. I've tried disabling the password from my router but still have the same problem.
    Any help is greatly appreciated as the 3g network have pretty cruddy coverage in my area lol

Advertisement

2. rosered

rosered Android Expert

Couple of things that I have seen reported to work... change the channel on your router and change 'preamble' to long.

Now I am totally non techy when it comes to routers so am just pulling this from memory that I have read other users suggesting but anything is worth a go!

3. Maniax101

Maniax101 Lurker

Thanks for the tip - I had the same problem, had my phone next to my laptop. They both had the same ssid and password. Computer connected fine, phone said "network not in range"...would not connect.
    Went into the router and changed the channel - voila! Phone found the network right away...full strenght!

4. crickettg

crickettg Lurker

I got my zoom on Friday and still can't figure out how to tether my laptop